- Running Ou of Fat Cats
- “Turkeys all the way down…”
Perhaps it is in the same spirit of liberal constipation that, with the exception of Charlie Brooker, we have been too polite to mention the Canadian study published last month in the journal Psychological Science, which revealed that people with conservative beliefs are likely to be of low intelligence. Paradoxically it was the Daily Mail that brought it to the attention of British readers last week. It feels crude, illiberal to point out that the other side is, on average, more stupid than our own. But this, the study suggests, is not unfounded generalization but empirical fact.
And at the end…
…conservatism thrives on low intelligence and poor information. But the liberals in politics on both sides of the Atlantic continue to back off, yielding to the supremacy of the stupid. It’s turkeys all the way down.
Then there’s this…
Bartlett joins a too short list of smart people who started on the Right but ventured Left and never came back. Charles Johnson (of Little Green Footballs) and Arianna Huffington come to mind. I remember well that when Arianna first burst upon the scene she was the darling of the Right, with endless spots as a talking head and glamourous interview guest for any journalist. After making the leap to the Left she wrotePigs at the Trough: How Corporate Greed and Political Corruption Are Undermining America.
- Romney Probably Won Maine Primary After All. No wait, probably not. | The X Blog
Climate & Climate Politics
- Heartland Institute Caught With Its Pants Down on Global Warming
- Why Global Warming Still Considered Target Of Skepticism For Americans
- Guns don’t shoot people; Stray bullets shoot people! | The X Blog
- Obama’s Conspiracy Against Guns | The X Blog
This is Wayne LaPierre of the NRA, the guy who thought up the idea that since Obama is leaving gun owners alone he must be planning to take away all the guns. This is one of the strangest things I’ve seen this election cycle so far:
- NBC Report on Buying Firearms | The X Blog–
- It’s important to have unrestricted access to guns so you can do: | The X Blog
- Gun Ownership : Greg Laden’s Blog
The Culture Wars
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill | Camels With Hammers
- Godless Business | Biblical abortion