- The Annotated Frank Rich – The President’s Failure to Demand a Reckoning From the Moneyed Interests Who Brought the Economy Down — New York Magazine.
- Attack of the Theocrats! How the Religious Right Harms Us All- —and What We Can Do About It – Sean Faircloth – Pitchstone Publishing – RichardDawkins.net
- Godless Business – The Greatest Speech Ever Made? Godless Business alerted me to this clip from the Charlie Chaplin film The Great Dictator.
- U.S. Said to Be Ready to Sue Banks Over Mortgages – NYTimes.com.
- Rick Perry is no libertarian – The Washington Post
- Rick Perry’s donors fare well, Texas-style – The Washington Post
- Burning Man in the Age of Rick Perry: Revelation, Pluralism, and Moral Imperative | Culture | Religion Dispatches
- Dim Michele Bachmann Wants To Drill Everglades For Oil That Isn’t There.
- Greg Mitchell: Revealed: Ayn Rands Script for Hollywood Movie Glorifying the Atomic Bomb.
- How to pay for your homeopathic treatments | Alethian Worldview
- Hurricanes & US Economy: CNBC Guest Blog Peter Morici: Economic Impact of Hurricane Irene – CNBC.
- Open Letter to Peter Morici about his article that I just linked to right above.
- Is Obama Playing Rope-a-Dope? | The Smirking Chimp While I appreciate Cenk Uygur’s thinking and postion I disagree with him and I think he (Obama) is, or at least I like to think he is playing Rope-a-dope and he has been playing that strategy for a…long…long…time…now. But Cenk Uygur makes a great point:
…if you’re playing rope-a-dope, at some point you have to actually swing. When your opponent has worn himself out knocking you around the ring — you counter-attack. But that counter-attack is never coming. We’re holding our collective breath in vain.
I very much want to see our President swing back and now land punches. This strategy of appeasing Republicans who are being held ideologically hostage by the extremist right elements of the Tea Party has gone on far to long. It time to finish this fight off and really once and for all get this country back on track.
- Obama’s Public Opinion Dilemma | The New Republic
Pew’s monster public opinion survey
really captures the complexity of the political dilemma facing President Obama. You have a public extremely unhappy with everything, blaming Republicans more than Democrats, but with President Obama finding his popularity sucked down along with everybody else. He remains relatively quite popular, both compared to others and adjusted for circumstances, but absolutely pretty unpopular…[...]
- Have Social Security, Medicare ‘weakened’ America | The Opinion Zone blog | The Palm Beach Post A short op-ed looking at some of Sen. Marco Rubio’s (R-Fla) comments about Social Security in his speech at the Reagan Library the other day.
- Dick Morris Is A Dick | Assassin Actual. Couldn’t agree more.
What I'm Reading Friday, September 2, 2011
About J. Jerrald Hayes
- Pure Fabrication, Lies and Global Warming Denial Propaganda from Non-other Than Andrew Breitbart's Big Government September 6, 2011
- "The Great Global Warming Swindle"? Shams & Lies July 12, 2007
- Firing Line 1997: a Creationism vs. Evolution Debate November 14, 2007
- ABC Australia's Tony Jones and the "Great Global Warming Swindle" debate July 17, 2007
- Matt Patterson & The New York Post Clueless About The Climate August 3, 2011
- What I'm Reading, Tuesday, April 24, 2012 April 24, 2012
- Whose Deficit Is It? June 12, 2009
- Many Whites Really Don’t Even Understand the Problem Blacks Are Talking About August 22, 2014
- The History Channel’s Ancient Aliens: Arguably One of the Worst Programs on TV Today August 21, 2014
- GMO: Are we playing God? August 21, 2014
- Medical Intuitives? August 19, 2014
- Michael Spector on America’s Most Prominent Snake Oil Salesman Dr Mehment Oz. August 18, 2014
- What I’m Reading About Marijuana, Wednesday, August 13, 2014 August 13, 2014
- The Skeptics Guide to the Universe On Monsanto Myths August 12, 2014
- A Scientist: I think you need to learn a bit more about CO2 &am...
- Sana: It's funny that you are skeptical of a skeptical ...
- Political Memes: Climate change has been overshadowed by so many ot...
- Collin: "Skeptic squared", I like that. It describes me ...
- klem: Wow, the alarmists have been reduced to 16% only. ...
- Collin: Thank you. :)...
- klem: That's odd, almost every engineer and geoscientis...
9/11 Truther Movement Alex Jones Al Gore Andrew Breitbart Anti-Science Idiocy Ayn Rand Bill O’Reilly Christopher Hitchens Climate Confirmation Bias Conservatives Conspiracy Theories Critical Thinking Deficit Denial Economy Energy Environment Fox News GMO Health Care Heartland Institute Homeopathy Humor James Taylor Job Creation Journalism Megyn Kelly Mika Brzezinski Monsanto Newt Gingrich Potholer54 Prayer Pseudoscience Republicans Richard Dawkins Rick Perry Robert Reich science Solyndra Taxes Tea Bagger Tea Party What I'm Reading Wingnuts