- John Cole nails it | The Zingularity.
- Prophylactic Du Jour – NYTimes.com. — I just learned that Paul Krugman is a Florence & The Machine fan. He says he has a depressing column coming tomorrow though.
- Herman Cain Responds To Morgan Freeman Criticizing Tea Party As Racist (VIDEO)
- Satellite debris mystery may never be solved
- Daily Kos: An engine for job creation: Bill Clinton discusses energy efficiency projects
- Chris Wallace Continues to Pretend the Rich are Already Paying Their Fair Share of Taxes | Video Cafe
- Farron Cousins | Michele Bachmann Envisions a World Without Food Industry Safety Standards
- Chris Hayes: Welcome To Inequalistan! | Crooks and Liars —
“…The wealthiest 10 percent pay nearly 70 percent of all income taxes in this country because they make more than 70 percent of all the income! Check out Mother Jones charts on skyrocketing income inequality in America.”
- The Myth of the Poor Paying No Federal Taxes | Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- I think Astrology is a joke, astrologers are deluded dreamers, and I think this post is just hysterically brilliant Are all astrologers fated by the stars to be douches? | Lousy Canuck
The Politics of Climate
- The American ‘allergy’ to global warming: Why? – CBS News
“…(AP) NEW YORK — Tucked between treatises on algae and prehistoric turquoise beads, the study on page 460 of a long-ago issue of the U.S. journal Science drew little attention.”I don’t think there were any newspaper articles about it or anything like that,” the author recalls.
But the headline on the 1975 report was bold: “Are We on the Brink of a Pronounced Global Warming?” And this article that coined the term may have marked the last time a mention of “global warming” didn’t set off an instant outcry of angry denial.
- Climate skeptics don’t ‘deny science’ – The Boston Globe — Apologetics from the right
- Global Warming Hysteria: Skepticism Is Not “Anti-Science” » Secondhand Smoke | A First Things Blog — and even more apologetics trying to justify the rights denial.
- via Rabett Run: More truth.Eli is up to his ears and that is pretty high, but to keep the meme moving Doonesbury has a good take, almost as good as Bill Clinton’s