- Ronald Reagan, Father of the ‘Buffett Rule’.
- “Liberals Love Dictatorships” | Assassin Actual.
- First Read – First Thoughts: Perry’s bleeding continues
- Perry = Palin? | Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- This is what grassroots looks like | Lousy Canuck
- Rick Perry’s latest scheme | The Zingularity.
Economics & the Economy
- Fifteen Definitions of Freedom from #OccupyWallStreet | Rortybomb
- Wonkbook: What does ‘Occupy Wall Street’ want? – The Washington Post
- Jeffrey Sachs: Paul Ryan, American Values and Corporatocracy —
My new book, The Price of Civilization, describes why America needs a “mixed economy,” one where a more effective federal government regulates business and invests alongside the business sector. In his review of my book, Congressman Paul Ryan, an avowed libertarian, describes my book as anti-American in its values. Ryan is wrong: my book describes how we can restore politics to the true mainstream of American values, rescuing democracy from the clutches of corporate power that Ryan champions in deeds if not in words. [...]
- Blocking the Exit: Currency Management | Jared Bernstein | On the Economy
Climate & Climate Politics
- The Tea Party and climate change (5) Redding.com Blogs: Doug Craig’s blog
- Conservative Means Standing With Science on Climate: Bob Inglis – Businessweek
Religion, Skepticism, & Atheism
- Religion Puts Humanity In A Place Of Degradation | Al Stefanelli. — Al Stefanelli is another one of the new blogger’s on FreeThoughtBlogs.com.
- Evidence for God’s incompetence | Alethian Worldview
Culture & Morality
- Moral Progress Without Moral Direction? | Unreasonable Faith
- A History Of Violence Edge Master Class 2011 | Conversation | Edge (found thanks to Vorjaks great post on Unreasonable Faith. I just listed above.)
- Banned Books Week Meme | En Tequila Es Verdad