- Obama Backs Super PAC : Roll Call News
In a switch, President Barack Obama is backing a super PAC — and directing senior government officials to appear at its fundraisers — over fears his re-election campaign could be derailed by an “avalanche” of money flowing into Republican super PACs.
Obama Campaign Manager Jim Messina announced the decision in a Monday night email titled: “We will not play by two sets of rules.”
“We decided to do this because we can’t afford for the work you’re doing in your communities, and the grass-roots donations you give to support it, to be destroyed by hundreds of millions of dollars in negative ads. It’s a real risk,” Messina wrote. [read on…]
- Obama super PAC decision: President blesses fundraising for Priorities USA Action – Glenn Thrush – POLITICO.com
- The Immoral Minority: Tea Party coordinator says “The Tea Party movement is dead, it’s gone!” How’s that for some good Tuesday morning news?
- Bruce Bartlett On The GOP Attempt To Make Sure Tax Cuts Don’t Count | Stan Collender’s Capital Gains and Games
- Chinese Fascism’s Global Consequences | Truthout
- The Maddow Blog – Optimism has a well known liberal bias
- The Non Sequitur » Too timid too object
Politics — Mitt Romney
Climate & Climate Politics
- Monckton responds to Peter Hadfield aka “potholer54″ – plus Hadfield’s response | Watts Up With That?
- Santorum: I never believed global warming ‘hoax’ – POLITICO.com
- Lawrence Krauss: Kicking God out of Physics.
- Epic creationist fails of our time — Population and magnetic fields proves young Earth — YouTube
The Culture Wars
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Real Genius: Building The Walmart Of Social Networks
- Mark Zuckerberg, the Hacker Way and the Art of the Founder’s Letter | Epicenter | Wired.com