Climate & Climate Politics
- Short Sharp Science: Himalayas not losing much ice, but sea levels still rising The glaciers of the Himalayas aren’t melting as fast as we had thought they were. I am sure the science denial right will be all over this one trying to cite it as proof that global warming is a hoax.
- Are the world’s glaciers threatened by climate change? | Leo Hickman | Environment | guardian.co.uk
- Speel Glacier Retreat, Coast Range Alaska « From a Glaciers Perspective
- Real Sceptic » Communicating Climate Change To The Masses
- Real Sceptic » Climate Denial and Manufacturing Legitimacy
- Study: Himalayan glaciers melting more slowly than thought, but seas are still rising – CSMonitor.com
- The global warming denial attacks from Forbes continue with the libertarian pseudoskeptic Warren Meyer’s bullshiting today: Understanding the Global Warming Debate – Forbes
- How’s that global climate change conspiracy going, again? – Telegraph Blogs
Himalayan glaciers are not melting as much as previously thought! Take that, Warmists!
This is some pretty damning stuff. Over the last 10 years, we learn, the amount of melting in the Himalayas has been “negligible”. We are told that sea level rises caused by melting ice from ice caps and glaciers outside Greenland and Antarctica are less than half what was thought.
And what’s more amazing, of course, is that this breakthrough was discovered by careful investigative work by climate-sceptic bloggers and journalists, fighting through the veil of secrecy which climate scientists have thrown over anything which casts doubt on the “settled science” “consensus” of the AGW alarmists’ vested-interest fantasies.
Wait, sorry, let me rephrase that. What’s more amazing is that this breakthrough was made by glaciologists and climatologists working at the University of Boulder, Colorado, and published in Nature, with press releases sent to all major news outlets. That’s right: scientists studying the effects of climate change, researching and publishing their research. But I thought they were all engaged in a wide-ranging conspiracy to cover up the lack of warming? [Read on…]
- The unfettered rage of dismal denial
- A nonsense fact in a Super Bowl ad – The Washington Post
- Low Turnout and the Big Tune-Out – WSJ.com
- Can Democrats Landslide Republicans? – The Nader Page
- Rep. Bachus faces insider-trading investigation – The Washington Post
- Daily Kos: Conservative reaction to Rick Santorum surge
Politics — CPAC
Just how fowl and disgusting are these folks?
- Steve King and White Nationalist CPAC Panel Warn that America’s Greatest Threat is its Diversity | Right Wing Watch
- White Nationalists Agree: Multiculturalism is Bad
- Little Green Footballs – Rep. Steve King Defends White Nationalist at CPAC
- DeMint at CPAC: Compromise Is the Enemy | Mother Jones
- Fox Pundit Tells CPAC Crowd That Rachel Maddow Is ‘The Best Argument In Favor Of Her Parents Using Contraception’ | ThinkProgress
- McConnell: Obama Unleashing ‘Liberal Thugs’ on Conservatives | Video Cafe
- Cal Thomas: Rachel Maddow ‘Greatest Argument’ For Contraception (VIDEO)
- First Read – DeMint opens CPAC: ‘We don’t have shared goals with the Democrats’
- Mitch McConnell Calls Conservatives ‘Simply More Fun’ at CPAC | ThinkProgress
- McConnell, Boehner Turn Up Rhetoric at CPAC : Roll Call News