- Super PAC donors revealed: Who are the power players in the GOP primary? – The Washington Post.
- Trent Franks: Mitt attacks could trigger third-party candidacy – POLITICO.com
- Conservative pundits come to Rick Santorum’s defense – Maggie Haberman – POLITICO.com
- Rick Santorum’s Five Craziest Statements Of The Week [Video] | National Memo | Breaking News, Smart Politics
- Santorum on questioning science | Alethian Worldview
Climate & Climate Politics
- Deniergate: Grijalva Calls For Investigation Of Department Of Interior Scientist On Heartland Payroll | ThinkProgress
Congress has begun investigating the Heartland Institute after details of its strategy of climate denial were revealed in leaked documents. In a letter to the chair and ranking member of the House Natural Resources Committee, Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) has called for an investigation into the “conduct of Indur Goklany, the Assistant Director of Programs, Science and Technology Policy at the Department of the Interior.” As abudget document leaked by the Heartland Institute appears to reveal, the group intended to pay Goklany $1,000 a month to write for a Heartland-funded publication on climate science. Grijalva cites a letter from Greenpeace to DOI that notes potential conflicts with Department of Interior ethical guidelines, which warn employees not to take payment from outside organizations that seek to influence the federal government.
- Brendan and Richard | Evaluation shows “Faked” Heartland Climate Strategy Memo is Authentic—
- The Best Science Podcasts for the Enjoyment of Your Ears and Brain | Popular Science
- Bit of Fun – “Noah’s Ark Discovered” claims 1974 news story « Skeptical Science
- The Skeptic in the Room: Tom Brady Gets It
- Despite His Christianity, I Like Jeremy Lin | Friendly Atheist
- Lent: New Year’s Resolutions for Jesus | Friendly Atheist—
A Kerfuffle Amongst Atheists
- Debunking Christianity: On Divisive Atheists and Some Freethought Bloggers (the emphasis is mine)
…Whether atheists realize this or not I am a true inclusivist, the likes of which none of these line-drawers can understand. Many atheists just don’t understand me so I’ll stop expecting them to. The dividing line for me is ignorance and divisiveness itself. Power and politics have no traction where I’m concerned. If you want to claim to speak for me, or tell me what I should think or do, and then bristle when I demur, we’re going to have trouble. And I don’t give a damn who it is anymore. If you want to pick a fight with me then you’d better start off being right. At least then you have a chance to win your case (Okay, maybe I’m a bit arrogant, but so what?). I’m not trying to pick a fight. The fight found me.
I don’t suffer fools gladly. I don’t care much for divisiveness either. I don’t care much for people who claim that it’s “my way or no way.” Again, power and politics have no traction where I’m concerned.
I am single-mindedly focused on destroying the power and influence of evangelical Christianity in America today. I think that should be the major goal of atheists, and I think this goal can be shared by even the apathetic, at least in principle, as well as those who think religion is a good thing. We can agree that evangelical Christianity is bad for America, bad for our future, bad for science, and bad for the world. [read the complete blog article...]
- Thoughts From A Diversity Hire | Sincerely, Natalie Reed
- Loftus Unleashed: Some Things I Know That Freethought Bloggers Should Take Note
- On the Qualifications of our Alleged “Diversity Hire”, Natalie Reed | Camels With Hammers
- Let’s Read Natalie Reed | Richard Carrier Blogs
- John Loftus, I knew Socrates, and you are not Socrates. | The X Blog
- Open letter to John W. Loftus | The Uncredible Hallq
- Not Every Blog Is For Everybody | Camels With Hammers
- Answering John Loftus: Is There an Atheist Community? | Blue Collar Atheist