- Indecision 2012 – How Is It that Mitt Romney Hasn’t Crushed this Guy Already? – The Daily Show with Jon Stewart – 02/27/12 – Video Clip | Comedy Central
- Could the separation of church and state make Rick Santorum throw up? – Slate Magazine.
- Jon Richards: Walker Is ‘Bain Style’ CEO
During his keynote address at this year’s right-wing Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker likened himself to a new CEO who is hired to turn around a failing company.
Next time he uses his business analogy, Walker would be more accurate to compare himself to the head of Bain Capital, the investment firm co-founded by GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney…[read the full article…]
- Obama praises auto industry rescue, accuses GOP presidential critics of rewriting history – The Washington Post
- Democurmudgeon: Gov. O’Malley shows other Democrats how to talk to Republicans.
Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley trashes Virginia’s “transvaginal ultrasound probe” Gov. Bob McDonnell for his states hard right political turn, and while he’s at it, slips in Wisconsin’s job loss record. This is how Democrats need to take on Republicans.
- Santorum: Weird extremism, or shrewd politics? – PostPartisan – The Washington Post
- Scott Walker on Recall Election: Think of the Children and Seniors | Video Cafe
- Opinion: Thanks, GOP candidates, for move to far right – Jennifer Granholm – POLITICO.com — Former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm writing in Politic0:
…I recognize that, as a Democrat, I’m in no position to offer advice to Republicans. But hey, keep it up boys. The version of Republicanism you are offering is a gift to Democrats looking for recruits. The anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-immigrant, anti-Latino, anti-Muslim, anti-Europe (particularly the French and the Greeks), anti-labor, anti-poor, anti-99 percent and now anti-college graduate rhetoric enables us to eagerly welcome your castoffs into the Democratic Party — where inclusivity is celebrated and their contributions are welcome.
- Wondering about the Obama Biden efforts to reduce our dependence on foreign oil? Here are a few great charts: Obama for America — What’s better than a chart showing how President…
- False Gods and Politics: A Letter to Rick Santorum – Harrison, NY Patch
- Olympia Snowe delivers stunning rebuke in decision to leave Senate – CSMonitor.com
- Obama, Cantor link up on small biz bill – POLITICO.com
Call them the Odd Couple of capital formation: President Barack Obama and House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, declared enemies for much of the last three years, are coming together over a legislative package aimed at making it easier for small businesses to get access to money.
Flanked by other House Republican leaders, Cantor unveiled the bundle of bills — several of which the House already has passed with overwhelming bipartisan majorities — at a Tuesday press conference in the shadow of the Capitol. Just over an hour earlier, White House spokeswoman Amy Brundage encouraged House Republicans and Senate Democrats to negotiate quickly and send Obama a bill that can be signed into law.
“The President outlined a number of ways to help small businesses grow and become more competitive in September of last year when he announced the American Jobs Act, and in the Startup America Legislative Agenda he sent to Congress last month,” Brundage said. “The president is encouraged to see that there is common ground between his approach and what Congressman Cantor outlined today, and we urge members of both parties in the House and Senate to come together on these provisions and do what the President called for in the State of the Union Address: send him a bill without delay.” [read the complete article…]
- Brad DeLong: Where Were You in 1993, David Brooks?— some good commentary from Brad DeLong on David Brooks excellent op-ed on the struggles of the Republican Party is facing to define and identify itself in this new century…
- Robert Reich (As Santorum and Romney Battle for the Loony Right, the Rest of Us Should Not Gloat)
Climate & Climate Politics
- A Climate Warrior Puts It All on the Line — Including His Life – TIME
- Libertarian journalist Megan McArdle pleads lack of interest and scientific ignorance for her position on climate change action: Why We Should Act to Stop Global Warming–And Why We Won’t – Megan McArdle – Business – The Atlantic
- Regarding Megan McArdle: One Girl, One Cup | TBogg
- Heartland associate taught ‘biased’ climate course at Ottawa university | Environment | guardian.co.uk
- Nordhaus’s Rebuttal of the Wall Street Journal 16 | Planet3.0
- AEI Economist Zycher Makes Head-Exploding Claims About Cost of Renewables | ThinkProgress
- Arctic warming cold winter hypothesis loses one year | Bits of Science
Economics & The Economny
- Home-price index for 20 metropolitan cities declines – latimes.com
Home values in big U.S. cities have fallen to their lowest levels since the start of the housing bust, but cheap prices could draw in new buyers and bolster the chances of recovery, economists say. [read the complete article…]
- Morning Joe: Debt Plans
We discuss the findings of a report done by the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, which shows how the debt will increase under the tax plans of GOP candidates Romney and Santorum. Click here to view the charts illustrating the deficit impact over the next ten years under the proposed budget plans from President Obama versus the plans of Romney and Santorum.
- Morning Joe Charts: Debt Plans