- Mitt Romney: Mothers Should Be Required To Work Outside Home Or Lose Benefits
- Chris Hayes Explains Why Mitt Romney Will Not Govern as a Moderate if Elected President | Video Cafe
- Daily Kos: Dear Ann Romney: allow others the choice you made
- Which way for Obama? – 2012 Elections – Salon.com
His approval jumped after he adopted a feistier populist tone last fall. So Third Way centrists want him to stop it
In the last few months President Obama’s approval rating has steadily climbed, while he’s maintained a reliable if small lead over Republican Mitt Romney. Notwithstanding today’s Gallup daily tracking poll; daily tracking polls are meaningless. In the CNN poll also released Monday, he leads Romney 52-43 percent.
The question no one can answer definitively is why Obama’s fortunes improved after his miserable summer. Now that the race is a one-on-one contest, the debate over that question will intensify.
I’m of the oft-stated opinion that the president’s feistier populist rhetoric has driven his improved standing in the polls (more on why I think that shortly). But along comes The New York Times’s Bill Keller, with almost no data, to tell me I’m wrong. Keller insists Obama is turning off independents by being what he calls “a plutocrat-bashing firebrand” and pushing “Robin Hood” politics like the Buffett Rule. The source for Keller’s certainty? A recent poll by Third Way, a group that exists expressly to pull the Democratic Party to the right.
- 10 Wildly Depressing Facts About the Gender Wage Gap | Gender | AlterNet—
Climate & Climate Politcs
- Redding.com Blogs: Doug Craig’s blog
- ‘Fakegate’ attempts to destroy global warming skeptic Heartland Institute | Madison/St. Clair Record
- From one of my favorite sources and boggers over on FreeThoughtBlogs.com I spotted this today in Jason Thibeault’s Lousy Canuck:
There’s a very short window where plants improve with more CO2, where they scrub more of it from the atmosphere than usual. This window is apparently overwhelmed in a hurry with the levels we’re seeing, though, resulting in crop die-outs which are exacerbated by warming-influenced droughts.
This would, in a perfect world, shut up those science denialists who admit global warming is happening, but think plants are going to fix it all for us. Considering we’re waging an all-out war on plants to begin with, I fail to see how these people honestly think there’s not a problem. It’s either short-sightedness or wishful thinking that leads people to believe this particular line of anti-AGW bunkum.
- How Huffington Post aided a demolition job on climate science | Grist
- New Record High Set for April 16 – Weather and Climate – timesunion.com – Albany NY