Climate & Climate Politics
On the morally corrupt Heartland’s Institute recent ‘jumping the shark’:
- Heartland’s Law: even sceptics can’t stomach Heartland « Watching the Deniers
- Controversial Ad Campaign Costs Climate Skeptics Group Partnerships – Science News – redOrbit
- Heartland shoots own foot, reloads, takes aim again « The Cost of Energy
- Are Heartland billboards the beginning of the end for climate denial?
- Heartland Institute Pulls Its Global Warming Ad – NYTimes.com
- Heartland and Microsoft | Planet3.0
- Microsoft | Open Mind
- The HeartDickland Institute | John, WoS | Friends of Gin & Tonic
- Heartland Institute Jumps the Shark | Climate Central
- Richard Littlemore | Heartland Billboard: “the most prominent advocates of global warming aren’t scientists; they are murderers, tyrants, and madmen”
- The Short Hot Life of Heartland’s Hateful Climate Billboard – NYTimes.com
- Rabett Run: Heartland Hacked Again
- DenialDepot: What Were They Thinking?!
- Anti-climate science group “experiments” with billboard trolling
- More Grumbine Science: Heartland on Ice
- Heartland Denial Palooza coming. This won’t be the First One with Punch Bowl Problems « Climate Denial Crock of the Week
Oldie but Goodie. Some long time viewers may remember how keynote speaker Pat Michaels nearly cleared out the room at the 2008 Heartland Climate Denial conference, when he suggested that in fact, the world is getting warmer, and humans have something to do with it, and that a favorite climate denial claim might in fact be, in his words, “a little unfair to the data”.
If you’re on a schedule, cut to Michael’s remarks about 2 minutes in… [read the rest of the article...]
- Can Geoengineering Solve Global Warming? : The New Yorker
- ‘Hug the Monster’ for Realistic Hope in Global Warming (or How to Transform Your Fearful Inner Climate) – ABC News
- Why Don’t TV Meteorologists Believe in Climate Change? | InsideClimate News
Romney, The Morally Weak Political Coward
- For the Record, Mitt Romney Does Not Think President Obama Should Be Tried for Treason — Daily Intel
- Romney backer sees treason, Obama’s campaign cries foul | Reuters
- Woman tells Romney Obama ‘should be tried for treason’ – ABC News
- Daily Kos: Obama campaign responds to Mitt Romney’s silence on treason allegation
Statement from Obama campaign spokeswoman Lis Smith on Mitt Romney failing to repudiate accusation of treason against President Obama and his campaign surrogate’sattack on travel by President and Mrs. Obama.
Today we saw Mitt Romney’s version of leadership: standing by silently as his chief surrogate attacked the President’s family at the event and another supporter alleged that the President should be tried for treason. Time after time in this campaign, Mitt Romney has had the opportunity to show that he has the fortitude to stand up to hateful and over-the-line rhetoric and time after time, he has failed to do so. If this is the ‘leadership’ he has shown on the campaign trail, what can the American people expect of him as commander-in-chief?
- Barack Obama Accused Of Treason At Mitt Romney Town Hall (VIDEO)
- After a Charge of Treason, Romney Stays Silent, at First – NYTimes.com
- Obama Spokeswoman Says Romney Response to ‘Treason’ Comment Proves He Won’t ‘Stand Up to Hateful and Over-The-Line Rhetoric’ | Politicker