1956 REPUBLICAN PLATFORM
* Protect Our Social Security
* Provide Asylum for Refugees in Need
* Extend Minimum Wage for Workers
* Better Unemployment Benefits
* Strengthen labor laws so workers can Join Unions
* Equal Pay Regardless of Sex What Happened @GOP ???
— Rob (@Unpersuaded112) July 8, 2018
For more on that 1956 Republican platform…
Republican Platform of 1956 by Dave Speck How much has the political landscape changed in the past 50 years? You would be horrified if you knew it was going to change that much in the next 50 years.What if I was to inform you that the health plan that Nixon proposed is very similar to Obama’s, yet hardly a single Republican voted for it.
President Eisenhower and Vice President Nixon accept their nominations to be the 1956 Republican candidates for president and vice president