So yesterday I saw this in a conversation on friends FaceBook feed…
“Democrats should try and find a candidate that can win rather than bitching about a president who is delivering on the campaign promises he made to the people who voted him into office!! …”.
And I thought and then wrote…
As I am sure you know Trump only won the Presidency because of the quirky and antiquated election process we have called the Electoral College and in all likelyhood the only reason he was able to eke out a victory in the swing states he did was due to Russian interference in the marketing we have around our elections. And lets not forget too that Trump has never had a majority of Americans supporting him. Never. He lost the popular vote to HRC by 2.9 million votes. (Ouch!)
- As for his campaign promises while campaigning Trump promised to eliminate the debt in 8 years. Instead, he plans to add $9 trillion to it raising it to $29 trillion.
- Trump also promised to build a wall on the Mexican border (only tiny sections of it have been built and sections of new wall blew over in the wind) and he promised to have Mexico pay for it too. Mexico hasn’t paid a cent.
- Trump also promised “Real change begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as Obamacare.” and that certainly hasn’t happened…
He has however allowed the insurance industry to create and flood the market with insurance programs that doesn’t help Americans cover their bills…Under Trump, Health Insurance With Less Coverage Floods Market – Bloomberg
- He also promised to save the coal industry and it’s tanking.He promised he wouldn’t make any cuts to Social Security and Medicare but now he is entertaining cuts to those programs.
- He promised to eliminate the carried interest loophole and that hasn’t happened.
- To his credit I guess he promised to not take a salary but instead he has taken spent the equivalent of 278.5 years of presidential salary on golf outings.
And so he Trump could spend a couple of hours on Sunday with his paying guests at his for profit Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach he stuck Americans with a $3.4 million bill for his travel and security. (Taxpayers Get $3.4 Million Tab So Trump Can Host Super Bowl Party For His Club Members | HuffPost)
I could go on…
Going on… Trump and the Trumplicans like to boast about the low unemployment rate but ignore the FACT that there was an average monthly gain of 217,000 during the last four years of the Obama administration compared to an average monthly gain of just 191,000 jobs per month under Trump. (Trump’s Numbers January 2020 Update – FactCheck.org)
Also while unemployment is at a record low more and more than eight million American workers or roughly 5% of all workers have full-time jobs that don’t pay enough to make ends meet so they have to work a second job to makes ends meet. (Opinion | One Job Is Better Than Two – The New York Times). Some estimate have the number of people holding down two jobs as high as 13 million and women were more likely than men to have a second job (About 13M U.S. Workers Have More Than One Job).
trump also promised he would bring our troops home from endless war overseas and instead of keeping his promise he has increased our exposure. (Trump Didn’t Shrink U.S. Military Commitments Abroad—He Expanded Them)