- Democrats Walk Out in Protest Over GOP’s Contempt Vote Against Eric Holder – The Daily Beast
- Daily Kos: House approves contempt resolution against Eric Holder. Many Democrats walk out in protest
- Joe Scarborough: ‘Political Timing’ Of Holder Contempt Vote Makes GOP Look ‘Petty And Partisan’ | Mediaite
In some kind of Faustian bargain 17 lily livered Democrats lacking moral conviction sell their souls to Mephistopheles (by the way that’s the devil for all the Tea Party WingNuts reading this and feel confused) in return for what?
- Holder in contempt; 17 Dems cross aisle – Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
- Eric Holder contempt roll call vote: 17 Democrats join GOP – POLITICO.com
Seventeen Democrats joined Republicans in voting to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in criminal contempt of Congress. They are:
Jason Altmire (Pa.)
John Barrow (Ga.)
Dan Boren (Okla.)
Leonard Boswell (Iowa)
Ben Chandler (Ky.)
Mark Critz (Pa.)
Joe Donnelly (Ind.)
Kathy Hochul (N.Y.)
Ron Kind (Wis.)
Larry Kissell (N.C.)
Jim Matheson (Utah)
Mike McIntyre (N.C.)
Bill Owens (N.Y.)
Collin Peterson (Minn.)
Nick Rahall (W. Va.)
Mike Ross (Ark.)
Tim Walz (Minn.)
Update: Two Republicans defected from the party line to vote no on criminal contempt:
Steve LaTourette (Ohio)
Scott Rigell (R-Va.)
Real information about what Fast & Furious is really about:
- Katherine Eban’s Fast And Furious Bombshell – Business Insider
- The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal – Fortune Features—
Fox and CNN fumble the ball and blow the SCOTUS Affordable Care Act story.
- Jon Stewart Ridicules CNN, Fox News For Getting Supreme Court Decision Wrong | Mediaite
- CNN, Fox blow the Supreme Court ruling – POLITICO.com
- Rush to win makes CNN, Fox losers – BostonHerald.com
No one will remember who reported it first — but everyone will remember who got it wrong.
CNN and Fox News are wiping egg off their faces after fumbling yesterday’s breaking news coverage on the Obamacare ruling.
“What are people going to remember? They’re going to remember who didn’t do their job the way it was supposed to be done,” said Al Tompkins of the journalism think-tank Poynter Institute.
“Time is the enemy of accuracy,” Tompkins added. “These kinds of mistakes are going to occur until you’ve got time to sit and sort.”
The U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling on the president’s controversial health care law was a complex one, but in their pursuit to be first, at least two media outlets — CNN and Fox — blundered big time.
After the 10 a.m. decision came down, both cable channels goofed, telling viewers the court had struck down the thrust of the law called the individual mandate, which requires every person to buy health insurance.
- CNN, Fox, NPR reported SCOTUS’ healthcare ruling wrong, the media learns a lesson – UPI.com
Climate & Climate Politics
- Michaels and Cato Unwittingly Accept the Climate Threat
- Well, ok, maybe just a LITTLE warming | Alethian Worldview
- Confirming The Human Fingerprint In Global Ocean Warming | ThinkProgress
Recent warming of the top 2300 feet of the ocean alone corresponds to an energy content of more than one Hiroshima atomic bomb detonation every second over the past 40 years. A new analysis of all the recent data makes clear that this remarkable warming can only be explained with man-made greenhouse gas emissions — JR.