- On the record setting idiocy from former Mayor Rudy Giuliani: Giuliani: ‘I Jumped Up Out Of My Chair And Cheered’ When Gingrich Said Palestinians Are An ‘Invented People’ | ThinkProgress
- And more Giuliani idiocy on another front: Giuliani: Gingrich like Reagan, best connects to ‘Reagan Democrats’ [VIDEO]
- Giuliani Brings His Knife to Morning Shows to Carve Up Romney – ABC News
- Giuliani ridicules Romney – POLITICO.com
- Elizabeth Warren Comes Out For Full Equality For LGBT People | ThinkProgress
- Where the Ryan-Wyden Medicare Plan Leaves the Entitlement Debate | Swampland | TIME.com
- Combat Operations In Iraq End a Second Time, Gingrich Loses Coveted Gary Busey Endorsement
- The Federal Pie Chart Where Does Your Income Tax Really Go?
- Michele Bachmann Busted By PolitiFact On Claim About PolitiFact (VIDEO)
Politics – Newt Gingrich
- Newt Gingrich: Gay People Choose To Be Gay Like Priests Choose Celibacy | ThinkProgress
- CHARTS: The 10 Craziest Facts About Newt Gingrich’s Tax Plan | ThinkProgress
- Newt Gingrich on Iraq: A Timeline of Questionable Judgment – Conor Friedersdorf – Politics – The Atlantic
Climate & Climate Politics
- Bill Chameides: Global Warming: What Happens When You Factor Out the Other Factors.
- Climate Feedback: Nature Climate Change website – coming soon
- Sen. Franken’s colloquy with Sen. Whitehouse on climate change | Climate Science Watch
Here is the full transcript of the colloquy [PDF] as published in the Congressional Record.
- “ClimateGate” News:
- Britain – Computer Equipment Seized in Climate E-mail Inquiry – NYTimes.com
- Climategate Investigation Warms Up Globally: UK Police Seize TallBloke’s Computers, DOJ Tells U.S. Denier to Preserve Records | ThinkProgress
- 3,500 Words On Hacked Climate Emails, But The Weekly Standard Still Comes Up Empty | ThinkProgress
Economics & The Economy
- Study: People Receiving Unemployment Insurance Work Harder To Find Jobs | ThinkProgress
- The $200 Trillion World: Who Owns All the Wealth? – Derek Thompson – Business – The Atlantic (a hat-tip to my friend and building industry colleague Allan Edwards)
- And as a result of another online conversation with Allan where I had to look up the book by Nobel prize winning economist Joseph E. Stiglitz The Three Trillion Dollar War: The True Cost of the Iraq Conflict I found this article Joseph Stiglitz’s 4-Point Plan For Fixing The Economy – Business Insider.
Here are some of his suggestions:
- Repeal tax-cuts for rich Americans.
- End wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that cost trillions of dollars.
- Increase stimulus and programs that would get Americans back to work because it will generate massive tax revenues.
- A Medicare D, with a provision that allows the government to negotiate prices instead of going with those set by pharmaceuticals. He believes this move alone could save the U.S. trillions.
- A “Homeowners Chapter 11″ that would allow homeowners to continue to possess their homes, while they restructure their debt and continue to pay down their mortgages. He says, “It doesn’t do any body any good to force these people out of their homes… An economy in which you have homeless people and empty homes doesn’t make any sense, and that’s where we’re going.”
- Wealthiest Americans pay bulk of federal income tax collected | cleveland.com
- What Percentage of Federal Individual Income Taxes Do Rich People Really Pay?
- Policy Basics: Where Do Our Federal Tax Dollars Go? — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- 9 Things The Rich Don’t Want You To Know About Taxes
Right Wing Journalism
- Little Green Footballs – Andrew Breitbart’s ‘Big Journalism’ Bloggers Use Antisemitic Nazi-Era Cartoon