Looking for the material that debunks, rebutts, and discredits “The Great Global Warming Swindle“?
This list provides a number of views that pretty much demolish the Global Warming Denial message delivered by the Channel 4/Martin Durkin video production.
- A Global Warming Swindle play-by-play
- “The Great Global Warming Swindle”: a critique (PDF). by David Jones, Andrew Watkins, Karl Braganza and Michael Coughlan; National Climate Centre, Bureau of Meteorology; The Australian meteorological and oceanographic society
- Climate Change Denial THE GREAT CHANNEL FOUR SWINDLE
- The Great Global Warming Swindle – Channel 4 UK Special Documentary
“A Rebuttal” by Colin Chase, Climate Change Presenter
- Deconstructing Channel 4’s Great Global Warming Swindle
- Scam of the “Great Global Warming Swindle”
- The John Ray Initiative connecting Environment, Science and Christianity The Great Global Warming Swindle
- The Great Global Warming Swindle – Rebuttals
- Re: “The Great Global Warming Swindle” experiment (Video)
- Modified Truth: Channel 4 has hired a charlatan to make its science programmes
- Last night’s TV: The Great Global Warming Swindle is sceptical of climate change. I’m sceptical of this kind of TV
climate change class is in session
The Great Global Warming Swindle
- John Houghton’s response to the documentary “The Great Global Warming Swindle”
- Wikipedia: The Great Global Warming Swindle | Reception and criticism of A general overview of the criticism.
- (new links added 07.12.07)
- The Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s: The Great Global Warming Swindle Swindle
- The Great Global Warming Swindle: open letter to Martin Durkin
- ‘The Great Global Warming Swindle’: Misrepresentations of scientific evidence and researchers’ interpretations
- (new links added 07.17.07)
- Video: ABC Australia’s Tony Jones Dissects, Debunks Martin Durkin
- (new links added 07.20.07)
- Why was The Great Global Warming Swindle so persuasive?
- Why the Ch4 documentary “The Great Global Warming Swindle” is wrong
- Channel 4’S Problem With Science
- (new link added 11.26.07)
- Swindles in the “The Great Global Warming Swindle”
- (new link added 07.14.09)
- Climate Denial Crock of the Week: The Big Swindle Movie (thanks for the tip to Tim Lambert’s Deltoid)
Added Wed, Jun 5, 2013 | 5-43 PM
Good list. You might also like to add a note about the journal article by Lockwood & Fröhlich, published yesterday in Royal Society Proceedings A.
This scientific research examines evidence and concludes that the Sun is not responsible for current global warming trends. As the Sun’s effects upon climate have declined in the past two decades, our planet’s temperature has risen.
This new paper directly contradicts false claims made in TGGWS, and by AGW denialists in general, that solar activity is responsible for climate climate now.
A good clear explanation of the parameters studied is in tamino‘s post ‘There Goes the Sun’. My post ‘Innocent Sun‘ tracks British press coverage of the Lockwood & Fröhlich paper. (No American paper seems to have picked up on this yet …)
Thanks for that link inel. I have a list of things I want to write about so the common guys and gals like me can "sort out the wheat out from the chaff" (and discard the real absolute crap too) and one of those topics I’ve been collecting notes for is the all the talk about the "Sun" and "Sun Spots" and that along with your article Innocent Sun will really help there for sure.
STOPPING CLIMATE CHANGE: Some want something (climate) that is by its nature changing not to change. I wonder they want to do this by changing the orbit of the earth from an ellipse to a circle, by changing the wobble angle of the earth from about 23 degree to zero, by making the solar energy from each square meter surface area of the sun to be constant, by making the particles between the sun and the surface of the earth to be uniform.
They tell us in their graphs (IPCC) that the globes temperature has increased by 0.8 degree centigrade in 100 years. How does this change in temperature compare with the 30 degree centigrade change in temperature difference we experience between summer and winter in a single year in the same area on earth, and with about 15 degree centigrade difference we experience within a single day? They also tell us that something that is only 0.04% of the atmosphere (CO2) has more effect on the green house effect than the remaining 99.96%! For me, this is mysticism, not science.
Sunspot cycles and temperature correspond perfectly. There is abundant scientific evidence to prove this. It’s probably a little too difficult for the creators of this website to understand. To believe the sun does not affect climate is ridiculous. Al Gore says to congress “magic from the sun” cannot be responsible. After the lies he brought forward about CO2 correlating with temperature when it was well known there is an 800 year lag between temp and CO2 I am astounded that people will still believe in this doomesday cult. The only proof the IPCC offers for CO2 are flawed models which are a hypothesis, not a proof. Did you notice they went from being 66% sure to 90% sure they are right. Now that’s magic! I am 100 % sure I’m right that anyone who believes CO2 is causing global warming is a denialist of real science and succumbing to the religeous cult of global warming. Perhaps you should sacrifice yourselves to appease your God so the rest of us can try to do something real to protect our planet and our childrens future. By the way I am a scientist and an athiest.
Alright George, take a long hard think about what you are saying. You are saying global warming is natural? It’s caused by the sun?
so you don’t think it is caused by the millions of years of CO2 that lie under the earth’s surface, that in a period of 100 years was put into the atmosphere?
You say that you are 100% that anyone that believes in co2 causing global warming is a denialist of real science? Well as a scientist yourself you must be aware of the statements by NAS? Or the AAS ? think about it, if global warming wasn’t to happen and we took action, the worst case scenario would be a global economic depression, but the world would be a better place to live in. if global warming was to happen and we didn’t take action, the worst case scenario would be Global economic depression, whole costal city’s disappearing and people pushing in on there neighbours causes global wars over space and limited researches, it would be the end of the world as we know it. Think about witch option is worse? Because I’m telling you now it’s better to take action than to not to, instead of fighting over whether or not it’s actually going to happen.
Sorry if I missed it, but you may have missed http://www.ofcomswindlecomplaint.net/ which is a point-by-point analysis and rebuttal of TGGWS.
Also a search of realclimate.org for swindle turns up the following links.
Doubtless there will be a degree of overlap.
Excellent debunking resource. Many of which I had not encountered before.
Girma is a troll.
He has his own thread [cage] over at Deltoid.
Girma uses logical fallacies to deceive
Not all gases are GHGs, that is why most of the atmosphere has no effect on earth’s radiated heat. Water vapour and CO2 have well defined infra-red properties. Therefore a tiny percentage is not necessarily irrelevant.
For an example of why, just consider the Ebola virus. Would Girma want a few dozen of those apparently insignificant virus particles injected? By his logic, he would have nothing to fear.
Of course, were such an event to happen the anticipated outcome is highly likely.
No more Girma-Troll