Climate & Climate Politics
- Global Warming: Its Not About the Hockey Stick – YouTube.
- Little Green Footballs – A Devastating Takedown of Fraudulent Climate Change Denier Christopher Monckton — Peter Hadfield has another pair of excellent videos on climate change, answering the fraudulent, blatantly dishonest claims of right wing hero Christopher Monckton by quoting Monckton’s own words back at him. This is absolutely devastating stuff, and it says volumes about the right (none of it good) that a pseudo-intellectual charlatan like Monckton is treated as an authority and even called to testify before Congress.
- More on the Serial Climate Change Denier Christopher Monckton
- Climate change deniers rooted in ignorance | The News Journal | delawareonline.com A letter to the editor:
A recent letter argued that “on virtually every claim, the scientific case for man-made climate fears has collapsed,” citing as evidence a controversial presentation by British politician Christopher Monckton. The overarching idea is that the UN-established Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has spread the anthropogenic global climate change “myth” for its own political gain, while altering its data to better fit this “myth.”
It is unfortunate that the writer and millions of others present such arguments as they are rooted firmly in ignorance and faulty logic. The fact of the matter is, evidence from thousands of experts in climatology, atmospheric sciences, ocean sciences, physical geography, geology, chemistry, and many other fields has converged on the theory of anthropogenic climate change.
Have there been scientific criticisms of these studies? Of course. But few of these criticisms have gone deep enough to shake the very foundations of the climate change theory; if they had, we can rest assured that the world’s climate experts would back away from that theory in place of a new one.
And the more important thing is that these criticisms are scientific, rather than the kind of political, journalistic nitpicking provided by Monckton.
Alexey Shiklomanov, Newark
- Don’t mock the Monck | Wott’s Up With That?
- Climate change deniers answer a burning question « The Cost of Energy
- From the “you can’t make this stuff up file”: Inhofe: Calling Climate Change “The Greatest Hoax Ever” Is “Doing The Lord’s Work” | ThinkProgress ….”doing the Lord’s work”, really!
- Nils-Axel Mörner is Wrong About Sea Level Rise
Politics — Rick Perry
- Rick Perry Has Three Strikes Against Him | Politics | Vanity Fair
- Are Perry’s back problems a cause of his fall? – Election 2012 – The Washington Post
- What Rick Perry’s Footwear Tells Us – Politics – The Atlantic Wire
- What Does It Mean When Rick Perry Threatens to “Get Ugly” in Texas? | Blogs | Vanity Fair
- Vanity Fair: Are Rick Perry’s problems medical? | The Daily Caller
Politics — Newt Gingrich
- Tom Coburn takes dim view of Newt Gingrich as president – latimes.com
- George Will: Gingrich ‘Least Conservative Candidate’ – By Katrina Trinko – The Corner – National Review Online
- The GOP’s front-runners: Bad and worse – The Washington Post
- George F. Will: Between Romney and Gingrich, the choice is neither | Full Comment | National Post
- Newt Gingrich | George Will | Laura Ingraham | Mitt Romney | The Daily Caller
- Newt Gingrich’s Baggage Problem | The Moderate Voice
- Out of Africa and Into Iowa – NYTimes.com — By Maureen Dowd
NEWT GINGRICH’S mind is in love with itself.
It has persuaded itself that it is brilliant when it is merely promiscuous. This is not a serious mind. Gingrich is not, to put it mildly, a systematic thinker.
His mind is a jumble, an amateurish mess lacking impulse control. He plays air guitar with ideas, producing air ideas. He ejaculates concepts, notions and theories that are as inconsistent as his behavior.
He didn’t get whiplash being a serial adulterer while impeaching another serial adulterer, a lobbyist for Freddie Mac while attacking Freddie Mac, a self-professed fiscal conservative with a whopping Tiffany’s credit line, and an anti-Communist Army brat who supported the Vietnam War but dodged it.
“Part of the question I had to ask myself,” he said in a 1985 Wall Street Journal piece about war wimps, “was what difference I would have made.”
Well no one can say Newt Gingrich has an ego problem unless they mean he has a problem finding dump truck big enough to carry it around in. — JJH