Climate & Climate Politics
- New Study Shows Less Snowfall in the Future for Los Angeles | TIME.com
- Moving on Climate Change Debate – science | Stuff.co.nz
- Steven Andrew nails it with his analysis of the Heartland’s Institute role in the climate change debate: Heartland Institute revisionism corrected by Chinese » The Zingularity (the emphasis is mine)
The Heartland Institute is a fossil-fuel front tasked with convincing as many people as possible to ignore their lying eyes. They were originally cooked up in 1984 to downplay the dangers of tobacco use. When last we heard from Heartland, they were for online theft before they were against it and comparing climate scientists to serial killers on public billboards. Recently Heartland bragged the Chinese were shying away from an environmental treaty because the science did not support global warming. This was so egregiously false the Chinese issued a stern correction reading in part:
The claim of the Heartland Institute about CAS’ endorsement of its report is completely false. … The false claim by the Heartland Institute was made public without any knowledge of the translator group. … we have requested by email to the president of the Heartland Institute that the false news on its website to be removed. … If the Heartland Institute does not withdraw its false news or refuse to apologize, all the consequences and liabilities should be borne by the Heartland Institute.
It’s not that Heartland is in the denial business, it’s that they’re terrible at it, creating more bad press for the issue and their sponsors than they could possibly be worth. How do these clowns continue to get funded?
- Faith Schools Menace? – YouTubeI started to write “one can only hope that this funding of faith based schools never happens here….” and caught myself lazily using that casual idiomatic expression “one can only hope…” For the sake of this county and this country’s children we have to make sure the separation of church and state is maintained and even strengthened and that this never happens here.
- Sam Harris Exposes Deepak Chopra’s Religious Woo Woo – YouTube
The YouTube notes for this video read:
Sam Harris and Michael Shermer show just how bad Deepok Chopra’s argument is. To skip past Chopra’s babbling nonsense, skip to 2:49.
I think its worth the laugh listening to Chopra’s babbling bullshit.