Climate & Climate Politics
- Climate change skeptics say ‘sick’ science distorts facts
GEORGETOWN, Del. — One of the nation’s morecontroversial climate-change skeptics dismissed warnings about sea-level rise and global warming as “scare tactics” and “sick” science in a talk here.
Willie Soon, a researcher at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, and Professor David Legates of the University of Delaware, a former climatologist for the state, bluntly rejected leading climate change claims during the Monday event organized by two nonprofit groups that promote personal and economic freedoms, the Positive Growth Alliance of Millsboro, Del. and the Caesar Rodney Institute of Dover, Del.
STORY: Climate change to worsen storm surges
STORY: Updates on climate change legislation
“They’re a very sick group,” Soon said. “They’re not talking about science at all. It is all agenda-driven, science results.” ….(Read the complete article…)
Willie Soon (a favorite of the right wing anti-science propaganda think tank The Heartland Institute) accuses the 95-98% of climate scientists that he doesn’t agree with being guilty of agenda driven science???? WTF? (Willie Soon | DeSmogBlog). Come on…
- Global warming denial: Debunking misleading climate change claims by David Rose.
- Five Katrinas A Decade? Warming Projected To Boost Extreme Storm Surges Ten-Fold | ThinkProgress
- UK chief scientific adviser talks of ‘move from global warming to climate change’ – UK / News / The Courier
- Poll questions shift public views on global warming