On Buffet’s calling for a fairer tax structure A Minimum Tax for the Wealthy – NYTimes.com
- Warren Buffett’s New York Times op-ed: The rich should pay a 30 percent minimum tax.
- Buffett still wants higher taxes from the rich, but why? | Opinion Blog
- Buffett urges Congress to raise taxes on wealthy – Businessweek
- Warren Buffett again calls for higher taxes on wealthy – The Tell – MarketWatch
- Daily Kos: Warren Buffett’s latest op-ed will bring mutters of ‘class traitor.’ But he doesn’t go far enough
- Joe Lueken, Minnesota Grocer, Gives Company To Employees
- The making of red America – The Maddow Blog
- Grover Norquist: ‘Impure thoughts’ on taxes – Kevin Robillard – POLITICO.com
- Congress: Move over, Grover? – First Read
- I’m worried about the GOP – PostPartisan – The Washington Post
- When right-wing blather killed – Salon.com
And reporting way out on the Krazy Wing Nut front we have two kinds of new stories, one reports covering the wacko wing nut fraudster Porter Stansberry’s (and birther Joseph Farah) latest conspiracy theory and two those covering it like they think its really going to happen…
- Obama Seeking Third Term? Entrepreneur Scares Up Business With Dubious Claim – US News and World Report
Financial publisher with a history of fraud concocts novel new sales pitch
Baltimore-based businessman Porter Stansberry is at it again.
The man who in the past has been found guilty of swindling customers with fabricated investment information is now trying to cash in on some of the public’s dislike of President Barack Obama.
In an E-mail solicitation blasted across the Internet — including on Monday over a listserv previously devoted to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s presidential campaign — Stansberry warns that Obama is secretly planning to seek a third term.
“Most people believe the election was all about whether or not Obama will have a second term. But it was not,” says the E-mail. “What was actually at stake was whether or not he will have a third-term.” (read the complete article…)
- Daily Kos: Obama’s Third Term
- Obama’s third term (not) – Obama Conspiracy Theories
- Farah Warns of an Obama Third Term | Right Wing Watch
Politics & The Media
On Fox News drumming up Benghazi conspiracy theories….
- Tom Ricks to Fox News: The network operates ‘as a wing of the Republican Party’ – POLITICO.com
During a Monday interview on Fox News, author Tom Ricks blasted the network as “operating as a wing of the Republican Party” and accused it of hyping the Benghazi attack for political purposes.
- Tom Ricks Slams Fox’s ‘Hyped’ Benghazi Coverage (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire
- On Fox, Journalist Tom Ricks Accuses The Network Of Operating As A Wing Of The Republican Party | Blog | Media Matters for America
- Debunking Christianity: Why Science Has No Need of God and What This Implies
Pierre-Simon Laplace (1749 – 1827) is remembered as one of the greatest scientists of all time. He’s referred to as the French Newton or the Newton of France. When Napoleon had asked why he hadn’t mentioned God in his discourse on the orbits of Saturn and Jupiter, he is quoted as saying: “I had no need of that hypothesis.” That best describes science. It doesn’t need that hypothesis. That’s how science should work too, for if science is to work at all it shouldn’t depend on the God-hypothesis. More importantly, if there is a God who intervenes in our world then science cannot work at all. We can see this quite easily by contrasting sectarian pseudoscience with science itself. The implications should be obvious. (read the complete article…)