The Final Debate
- Presidential Debate Fact-Checks and Updates – Live Coverage – Election 2012 – NYTimes.com
- Debate results: Fact-checking – POLITICO.com
- From Here To Infinity | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine
…And when you do, look at what Hubble shows us. That tiny region of the sky – easily blocked by a grain of sand held at arm’s length – contains thousands of galaxies, each a sprawling city of billions of stars. It represents a relatively random part of the sky, so you can expect to see something like it no matter where you point a telescope… and that picture shows just one 24-millionth of the entire sky.The implication is clear: there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in our Universe. That in turn means there are sextillions of stars, each a Sun, and many, if not most, circled by a retinue of planets.
It’s the most ironic aspect of any science I know: it crushes my sense of scale and ego into dust, but also fills me with wonder and amazement that we can know such things, and be a part of it….(read (and see) the complete article….)
- Deadly 2011 earthquake linked to groundwater extraction | Reuters
- Talking whale named Noc is revealed | Environment | guardian.co.uk