I been reading up a lot on the GMO manufactroversy a lot lately but these past two week things picked up when a second anti-sience FaceBook friend (Andy Droffilc Clifford) decided to block me when I chanlleged him on the anti-GMO crap he was posting (along with other crap too) and a big important figure in science, Michael DeGrasse Tyson chimed in with some commentary on GMOs.
So what was I reading today?
- Richard Dawkins talks about GMO crops
- Discoverer of DNA says yes to genetically modified food – NDTV
- Sandwalk: Jim Watson Comments on GM Crops and Recombinant DNA Technology
- Neil deGrasse Tyson rips apart one of the silliest anti-GMO arguments – Vox
- What is genetically modified food? – Everything you need to know about genetically modified foods – Vox
- On the American Council On Science And Health website: A short but important endorsement of GMO food by an M.D.-geneticist | American Council on Science and Health (ACSH)
Dr. Shoa L. Clarke admits he was “a vocal opponent” of GMOs back when he was a young proto-scientist and activist. But once he began to study genetics, he learned the facts about bioengineering and biotech/GMO food, and he realized he was all wrong.
“Now, more than a decade later, I am a physician and a biologist with a doctorate in genetics, and it’s clear to me that I was wrong. The motivation behind GMOs is simple. We need a way to provide good nutrition for the world’s population.”…
- GMO labeling bill lacks a scientific justification – Editorials – The Boston Globe
- What Do We REALLY Know of GMOs? Tyson Wags His Finger at Critics : News : Nature World News
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Wants GMO Debates To End And For Fanatics To ‘Chill Out’
- The Evidence on GMO Safety | Ramez Naam
Ramez Naam describes the positions of some of the major most respected scientific academies on GMOs.
- Richard Green on the Scientific Consensus and GMOs | Skepti-Forum Another good look at the scientific consensus on GMOs.
- ▶ Panel Debates the Safety and Efficiency of Genetically Engineered Crops – YouTube
Ramez Naam destroys the crank arguments from anti-GMO kook Jeffrey Smith
- Why Organic Advocates Should Love GMOs – Collide-a-Scape | DiscoverMagazine.com
- A Journalist and a Scientist Break Ground in the G.M.O. Debate – The New Yorker
- The GMO Rogues Gallery | Skepti-Forum A look at one credible scientist (David Suzuki) and some of the prominent cranks leading the anti-Science anti-GMO charge.
- Veg Expo is coming to Vancouver, but they are misleading the public | Skepti-Forum A good look at one of the most prominent kooks attacking GMO technology.
- Michael A. Fest’s 500 Words | An average Joe on GMOs. | Skepti-Forum
- In fact I think any rational critical thinker will appreciate any and every post on the Skepti_Forum website that carries GMO tag.
- Prominent GMO Critics
- The Very Thick Line Between Raising Concerns And Denialism – Science Sushi | DiscoverMagazine.com
- Top Five Myths Of Genetically Modified Seeds, Busted : The Salt : NPR
- Mythbusting 101: Organic Farming > Conventional Agriculture | Science Sushi, Scientific American Blog Network
- WHO | 20 questions on genetically modified foods
- The Seralini Rule – Skeptico — If you favorably cite the 2012 Séralini rats fed on Roundup ready maize study, you just lost the argument.
- Seralini Study Withdrawn – Should Never Have Been Published – Skeptico
And on the Monsanto is Evil front
From the anti-science crank side of the argument I found…
- Liberal blogger Kevin Drum weakly freaking out in Mother Jones with This Is the Lamest Defense of GMO Foods Ever.
- And this is just stupid Chuck Norris knocks GMO crops cold but what would you expect from WingNutDaily and this article concurs with me Chuck Norris wrong on GMO.
- And this awful horrid deceitful lying tweet.
When you eat #GMO food it burns holes into your intestinal lining, then big food particles & toxins can leak through into your bloodstream.
— RawganicLifestyle (@RawganicLife) August 1, 2014
This is good example of how the anti-Science anti-GMO crowd operates. I can’t tell you just how stupid and ignorant this idiot @RawganicLife is. My response…
@RawganicLife What an awful horrid deceitful lying tweet. Not a bit of science to support that kind of claim. #AntiScience #Fearmongering
— Jerrald Hayes (@JerraldHayes) August 2, 2014
On a related note….