- Stop Super-PACs With a Fair Elections Amendment | National Memo | Breaking News, Smart Politics.
… this week the Obama campaign signaled to backers that it welcomes unlimited multimillion-dollar contributions to the super-PAC set up by a former White House aide.
In a little-noticed attempt to take some of the sting out of his decision, Obama tepidly endorsed (through campaign manager Jim Messina) a constitutional amendment “if necessary.” He should risk the hypocrisy rap and make it a centerpiece of his second-term agenda. [read on…]
I am disappointed that Obama isn’t speaking out loudly in favor of an amendment to deal with this corrupting influence that the Citizens United ruling has on elections but perhaps that is just election season politics.
- Scott Walker Rallies Against Recall Efforts At CPAC 2012
- Online ‘Hit List’ Targets Liberals | Hatewatch | Southern Poverty Law Center
Anti-liberal propaganda has been ramping up for years. Former Fox News host Glenn Beck, who was cited as an inspiration for at least three rightwing extremists accused of committing or plotting violence, called himself a “progressive hunter” and attempted to rebrand Hitler as a leftist. Anti-Muslim activist Frank Gaffney routinely warns of a “red-green” alliance between liberals and violent Islamist terrorists. But the people behind a website called “Target of Opportunity” (motto: “Eliminating the planet of liberals one at a time”) have taken things several steps further, creating a “Hit List” profiling supposed liberal enemies of America.
- Ron Paul Gold Standard Bad – Ron Paul’s False Gold Standard – Esquire
- Catholic bishops reject Obama’s ‘accommodation’ on birth control – The Hill’s Healthwatch
The Culture Wars
- “Religious freedom” is not a get out of jail free card | Love Joy Feminism
…Religious freedom means you are free to believe as you like. It does not, however, mean that you are free to do as you like. Here are some examples:
You are free to believe that infant sacrifice is the only thing that will appease the anger of the gods, but you are not free to sacrifice infants.
You are free to believe that God has ordained that the races must remain separate, but you are not free to refuse to serve interracial couples at your restaurant.
You are free to believe that fornicators and adulterers should be put to death, but you are not free to stone them.
You are free to believe that abortion doctors murder babies, but you are not free to assassinate abortion doctors or blow up abortion clinics. [read on…]
- iPad 3: Everything we (might) know
- Opinion: Will Windows on ARM challenge the iPad where Android has failed?