Climate & Climate Politics
A web site that’s purportedly puts forth a “progressive’ argument for action on climate change from a Conservative position.
- Climateconservative.org — What would Reagan do? Home page
- Climateconservative.org — What would Reagan do? A list of articles on the site.
- Climateconservative.org — What would Reagan do? ‘A Climate for Change:’ A Presentation by Katharine Hayhoe
More on Katharine Hayhoe…
- Katharine Hayhoe: Evangelical Christian, Climate Scientist | The BioLogos Forum
- Katharine Hayhoe: Consultant – Professor – Author
- Katharine Hayhoe | Secret Life of Scientists & Engineers | PBS
And for Peter Sinclair a 1:51 video of of a lecture by Dr. Jennifer Francis
- The Weekend Wonk:Jennifer Francis’ Newest Lecture online « Climate Denial Crock of the Week
Cool that she opens the lecture with my video, which was cribbed and re-edited from one of her previous lectures – but if you want to cut to the chase go to about 20 minutes in, that’s where I started learning stuff.
I’ve been meaning to edit this down to just the best parts, – its long – and I probably will, – but more important to get it posted and circulated, because Dr. Francis is leading one of the most important discussions in climate science right now.
On why we should listen to what 98% of climate scientists (an experts in any field) have to say…
- Skepchick | What the Hell do Experts Know Anyway?
I am not a climate scientist and in fact I don’t know much about climate science, but I still believe strongly that human caused climate change is warming the Earth. Because climate science is not my area of expertise, it is perfectly reasonable for me to bow to the consensus of scientists that are experts in the field. Since climate scientists are in consensus that the world is warming and humans have caused it, then I trust their opinion and have made it my own.
As skeptics, we are constantly pointing out areas within science in which the scientific consensus does not match public opinion. We are repeatedly telling people to get their information about the age of the earth and the evolution of life from geologists and biologists rather than from the bible. We ask parents to make decisions on vaccinating their children based on the scientists at the CDC rather than what Jenny McCarthy said that one time on Oprah. Scientists have been getting much better at communicating science information to the public. Entire movements and organizations have sprouted to help educate the public about the differences between scientists and cranks and how to sort through complicated scientific information…(read the complete article…)
And the Investors Business Daily continues it editorial attack on climate change science…
- Global Warming Consensus Of Scientists Looking More Like A Myth – Investors.com
- The abstract to the paper that IBD refers to in their article…Science or Science Fiction? Professionals’ Discursive Construction of Climate Change
WTF?? Freedom Works,… a Tea Party SuperPAC, go figure….
- FreedomWorks Is “Freaking Out” Over the Giant-Panda-Hillary-Clinton-Sex Video | Mother Jones
- FreedomWorks Made Video of Fake Giant Panda Having Sex With Fake Hillary Clinton | Mother Jones