- Mitt Romney’s big economics speech: Can he deliver ‘big change?’ – CSMonitor.com
- Economists React: GDP Growth ‘Slow, but Not Slowing’ – Real Time Economics – WSJ
- Economy grows 2%: Consumer, government spending up – CBS News
- American Life Panel: The RAND Continuous 2012 Presidential Election Poll
- The Immoral Minority: Actor’s heartfelt plea to his Facebook friends who are supporting the Romney/Ryan ticket.
- Former Colin Powell Aide: GOP Is ‘Full of Racists’ – Truthdig
Talk about speaking truth to power! A former chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell charged the Republican Party with racism after remarks in which John Sununu, a surrogate for Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, suggested race was a factor in Powell’s endorsement of President Obama.
Retired Army Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, a Republican, condemned the former New Hampshire governor’s comments while also slamming his own party during an interview with Ed Schultz on MSNBC on Friday night.
“My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people—not all of them, but most of them—who are still basing their positions on race,” Wilkerson said. “Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists, and the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander in chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin, and that’s despicable.”
- I actually caught his report while watching Bloomberg the other day: Langone: Vilification of Wall Street is Disgusting Billionaire financier and Home Depot (HD) co-founder Ken Langone told Bloomberg Television’s Trish Regan on “Street Smart” today that he is “proudly part of the 1%. I worked like hell to become part of the 1.”Langone said that, “I have been in Wall Street all of my life. I love it. It has been good to me… This vilification of what is going on in America today is disgusting.” Excerpts from the interview can be found below, courtesy of Bloomberg Television.
Climate & Climate Politics
- Climate Change Denier Senator James Inhofe Receives Rubber Dodo Award | Candace Calloway Whiting – seattlepi.com