- Daily Kos: Sunday Talk: The greatest show on Earth.
The vast majority of them don’t give two shits about Newt’s infidelity to his wives; what really bothers them is his embrace of communistic ideas—such as a belief in man-made global warming, and compassion.
- Rush Limbaugh’s Cowardly Approach to the Newt Gingrich Debate – Conor Friedersdorf – Politics – The Atlantic
The rise of Newt Gingrich in the GOP primary is making for strange bedfellows. When was the last time figures as diverse as Ann Coulter, George Will, David Frum, Erick Erickson, Ross Douthat, Daniel Larison, and Jennifer Rubin all pointedly expressed misgivings about the same Republican?
Their concerns are many: Gingrich’s proclivity for embracing wacky ideas that would enlarge government; his unconservative temperament and dearth of wisdom; the fact that his Republican colleagues judged him unfit to lead in the late 1990s; his philandering and divorces; his hypocrisy about values issues; hisdangerous, self-aggrandizing instincts in foreign policy; his lack of discipline, raging ego, and his various flip-flops on the Iraq War; and that’s just from the seven folks already mentioned, who lay out evidence to bolster their assertions.
Who is on the other side of the argument?
In the mass media, Rush Limbaugh is by far the most prominent figure. But he isn’t actually arguing. He isn’t listening to various criticisms of Gingrich and refuting them with logical rebuttals.
He’s just attacking the ideological purity of the critics.
- Iowa Debate: Clueless Romney’s $10,000 Bet Blunder Makes Gingrich the Man to Beat | AlterNet
- Little Green Footballs – Andrew Breitbart Pretends to Be Concerned About Gay Republicans
- Graham Calls Consumer Protection Bureau ‘Something Out of the Stalinist Era’ | Video Cafe
- Solyndra Loan: Crossroads GPS Ads To Target Obama’s Spending On Now-Defunct Solar Energy Company
Politics — Newt Gingrich
- via The Immoral Minority: Just in time for Christmas.
- Newt Gingrich | George Will | Laura Ingraham | Mitt Romney | The Daily Caller
- a hat-tip to Hilarious – Ann Coulter Spills the Beans about Gingrich & the New Age Tofflers | Fellowship of the Minds for this: Ann Coulter | Newt Gingrich | The Newt history you ought to know | The Daily Caller
- Daily Kos: Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: Adjusting to Newt
- Fire and Ice – NYTimes.com
Politics — Mitt Romney
Climate & Climate Politics
- Few scientists would back up Rick Perry’s global warming claims – The Washington Post
- Discovery and the missing Frozen Planet episode… no longer keeping viewers out in the cold « Watching the Deniers
Economics & The Economy
- Thomas Friedman Is Flat: More Nonsense on Economics in the NYT | MyFDL
- INFOGRAPHIC: Where Does our National Debt Come From? | The White House
- Infographic: U.S. National Debt | The White House
- Whitley’s Journal | Where Does the US Debt Come From? | unknowncountry
- Where Did This Debt Come From Anyhow?
- Where Does Debt Come From? | Disinformation
- What is Debt? – An Interview with Economic Anthropologist David Graeber « naked capitalism