- Rachel Maddow: Ryan overlooks own $20 million stimulus request while opposing stimulus An outstanding report on tonights Rachel Maddow show about the hypocrisy of Republicans regarding stimulus and notably Republican VP candidate Paul Ryan’s hypocrisy too.
- The National Memo » The Big Lie of the Day: Republicans Balance Federal Budgets
- The Immoral Minority: Jon Stewart’s must see demolition of the current Republican talking point about the Obma campaign’s “divisiveness,” followed up with an editon of “Sarah Palin’s fright wigs on parade.”
—Now I have long been a huge Jon Stewart fan but THIS might just be one of his finest shows EVER!
His ability to make us laugh at the endless examples of Right Wing hatred on display in this segment is a testament to his comic abilities, but the fact that he can do so while educating us as to the depths of their hypocrisy, in a way that no other television program seems quite capable of pulling off, makes him a national treasure.
However the truly brilliant portion has GOT to be his examination of Sarah Palin’s deceitfulness, in which he not only illustrates her numerous episodes of venomous vitriol, but also her bizarre collection of crazy ass hair pieces.
“Let me ask you a question. Does the lake behind you have reflective properties?”
SO damn good!
- Brad DeLong: Mark Thoma Calls Paul Ryan’s Economic Expertise “Imaginary”
Paul Ryan’s imaginary expertise: That’s not even his worst proposal for monetary policy. That distinction goes to his call to raise interest rates to cure the recession — because “there’s a lot of capital parked out there, and we need to coax it out into the markets.” This shows a serious misunderstanding of what’s holding the economy back. If interest rates are increased, the higher return on financial assets will cause more people to provide funds to financial markets — but the supply of funds isn’t the problem.
- It’s Not Me, It’s You | Firedoglake—