Climate & Climate Politics
- A Friendly Debate with a Conservative Colleague « The Reality-Based Community (the emphasis is mine)
…a real problem for modern conservatism, and thoughtful conservatives like Steve. Their party simply rejects the overwhelming scientific consensus on the greatest environmental problem that the planet has ever faced. Nothing comes close to that. And while there may be profound differences between the parties on philosophical issues, off the top of my head I can’t think of any issue, at least since the Second World War, where one major party has made it an article of faith that it simply rejects on principle such an overwhelming scientific consensus. The only thing close is evolution, and once again, it represents the Republican position that as a matter of principle, it simply will not listen to scientists. (read the complete article it a great one…)
- GOP Still Denies Global Warming Despite Record Temperatures – Truthdig
- Kassie Siegel: The 5 Most Dangerous Climate Change Myths
- Gene Karpinski: Standing Up for Science and Defending Our Environment
- Study by ‘global warming godfather’: Texas drought, Europe heat waves are climate change – The Washington Post
- Scott Stenholm: Conservatives and Climate Change: The Devastating Irony
- Harbinger? | Open Mind (on Arctic sea Ice)
- Quote of the day: you can’t wish a round planet flat, no matter how many times you blog that « Watching the Deniers
- Little Green Footballs – Craziest Wingnut Rant of the Day: Jerome Corsi: ‘Was Obama Married Before He Was Married?’
Of course. It just … makes so much … sense.
It’s well worth noting that the YouTube channel that publishes this shit is called TeaPartyOrg. Any Republican that endorses or doesn’t condemn this crap should be embarrassed and ashamed and while the YouTube channel TeaPartyOrg may not be the same as TeaParty.org the Tea Party should be embarrassed and distancing themselves from this too but I don’t see that they are.