- How Pundits Are Misreading Wisconsin’s Recall | The New Republic
- Why Rich People Don’t Pay Taxes | The New Republic
- The Opinionated Liberal: 5 Victories for Progressives from the Walker Recall Effort
And Politics of the Absurd
- Orly Taitz Appears Poised For Strong Finish In California GOP Senate Primary An except from the article…(the emphasis is mine)
As John Avlon, a columnist who has debated Taitz on the birther issue, writes at the Daily Beast:
In other words, [she’s] nut-balls. Orly Taitz as a candidate for U.S. Senate would make Christine O’Donnell look like Henry Clay. She would make Sharron Angle look like Daniel Webster. Donald Trump seems a model of restraint by comparison.This is funny, but it’s also sad. This is what happens when you burn down the big tent. The sideshow takes over.
While it’s easy to dismiss Taitz’s entire candidacy as some sort of laughingstock concocted by a belligerent fringe candidate, her following is enthusiastic. Though she’s managed to miss a filing deadline to submit her FEC reports by over a week and counting, on Tuesday her support expanded to include an endorsement from theSanta Barbara News-Press. And on Monday, she advertised her campaign platform, which withholds mention of birther beliefs until its twelfth and final plank. The rest of her initiatives look like typical Tea Party fodder, representing promises to fight taxes, spending and the EPA, as well as alleged election fraud and vote fixing.
However, just a day later, she posted a new video to the front page of her website. It’s a 4-minute explainer, breaking down the conspiracy theories behind Obama’s allegedly forged long-form birth certificate.
Economics & The Economny
- The Great Divergence: America’s Growing Inequality Crisis and What We Can Do about It by Timothy Noah
- Timothy Noah – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Timothy Noah | The New Republic
- Timothy Noah
Climate & Climate Politics
- Conservative Media Again Promote Inhofe’s Faux-Scandal | Media Matters for America
- Unprecedented May Heat In Greenland, Temperature Hits Stunning 76.6°F | ThinkProgress
- Among the Deniers at Denia-Palooza « Climate Denial Crock of the Week