Climate & Climate Politics
- Tyndall Glacier Retreat, Kenya « From a Glaciers Perspective
- Chris Mooney | Fox News’s Attacks on Climate Science Now Include The Denial of Basic Physics
…One of Fox’s frequent doubter guests is meteorologist Joe Bastardi, who recently said on the show that carbon dioxide “literally cannot cause global warming.” As Media Matters soon pointed out, this statement seems to throw out over 100 years of science on the greenhouse effect, and the behavior of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
We’ve literally known how the greenhouse effect works since the time of Darwin (although maybe that’s not a good analogy, since I’m sure many of Fox’s viewers also deny evolution). Still, if you don’t believe me, I recommend visiting Spencer Weart’s history of climate science website, where you’ll learn about scientists like John Tyndall and Svante Arrhenius, who established the basic science of climate well before the 20th century dawned… [read the complete article…]
- I can’t wait to watch this — The Maddow Blog – Programming note! Of the good news, bad news variety
- Dumbass Quote of the Day | Dispatches from the Culture Wars
From Sen. James Inhofe, who really is the single dumbest person serving in the United States Senate, repeating the moronic line that God promised not to destroy the earth again (after not doing it the first time, of course) and therefore global warming is false.
Well actually the Genesis 8:22 that I use in there is that “as long as the earth remains there will be springtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, day and night.” My point is, God’s still up there. The arrogance of people to think that we, human beings, would be able to change what He is doing in the climate is to me outrageous.
It is appalling that we live in a society where someone could say something that stupid and actually get elected to any office.
- Baptists and Climate Change | The Yale Forum on Climate Change & The Media
- James Peron: Conservatives Really Do Hate Markets
- Super PACs responsible for 91 percent of the advertising in Alabama and Mississippi – The Washington Post
- Davis Guggenheim, Sycophant | Camels With Hammers
- Republican Bluster Decoded | Camels With Hammers
- Daily Kos: Do conservatives really think Obama is Muslim, or are they just dicks?