- Sharon Bialek: Herman Cain knows who I am – Political Hotsheet – CBS News.
- Big Victory for Obama Administration on Health Care Today – ABC News
- A stunning in it scope epic colossal oops,…First Read – Perry gaffe overshadows defiant Cain, Romney scrutiny
The Republican Candidates Debate Economics on CNBC
- I been watching the debates live on TV while also tracking them via:
- Live Blogging of CNBC Republican Presidential Debate | The Moderate Voice.
- Your Money Your Vote 2011 – CNBC
What an awful mess this group of circus performers is.
Climate & Climate Politics
- Ben Santer: Crushing the Myth of Global Cooling – YouTube.
Dr. Benjamin Santer is one of the world’s most respected climate scientists.
He is a researcher at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, a frequent expert witness before the US Congress, and a tireless researcher. In a recent lecture at California State University at Chico, he addressed one of the enduring myths of climate denial.http://rce.csuchico.edu/Mediasite/Viewer/?peid=c4ef29c2484b44b2b2a0fa70d36bb6fe
- The Causes of Recent Climate Change: Separating Fact From Fiction
- Historic Hurricane-Force Blizzard Pounds Alaska, Climate Change Likely to Worsen Erosion | ThinkProgress
Economics & The Economy
- Zakaria: The problem in Europe is Italy – Global Public Square – CNN.com Blogs
- Is the Problem With Italy Solvency or Liquidity? – CNBC
- An Idiot’s Guide to the Greek Debt Crisis – ABC News
- Latest Greek Debt Deal Doesn’t Solve Problem – Seeking Alpha
- Euro Crisis Forces Deep Cuts in Social Benefits
- A very right wing view of the problem in Greece: Eurozone Crisis: Too Bad Greece Never Had a Tea Party – International Business Times rife with Tea Party apologetics.
- The Myth Of The Long Tail | The Big Picture
- ‘Tis So Sweet to Trust in the Market
“Free market capitalism as religion.The interesting thing about the Angry Joe Walsh video Gabriela posted is that it underscores the degree to which Walsh—and his fellow-travelers in the Republican Party—have a view of the market that’s more theological than anything else. Listen to how he describes calls for new regulation on the financial sector, “It’s not the private market place that created this mess…all the marketplace does is respond to what the government does. The government sets the rules. Don’t blame the banks and don’t blame the marketplace for the mess we’re in right now, I’m tired of hearing that crap.”
Implicit in this tirade is the notion that the market can’t do anything wrong—if the economy is a mess, then it has to be the sole product of government failures, because there’s no way that the market could produce an outcome this bad. It’s capitalism as religion, where the market is holy, government is sin, and the latter can only serve to corrupt the purity of the former.”
Joe Walsh,… I have a hard time making up my mind if he is a bigger idiot or asshole. Listening to his rant I thought he is wrapped up in the throes of ‘free market exceptionalism’, free markets are perfect and can do no wrong…so I googled the phrase and found this blog article for starters…
- Your Lying Eyes: The Free Market Doesn’t Always Work