- The State of the 99 Percent | NationofChange
- Army, Marines to shrink – Longview News-Journal: State
- Wonkbook: Romney, Gingrich clash at GOP debate – The Washington Post
- Populist, combative Obama gets love from Democratic lawmakers | Reuters
Politics— Newt Gingrich (and his moon colony idea)
Newt the climate science denier wants us to build a moon colony sometime by the “end of his second term as President!”
- Newt Gingrich’s moon colony and Mars plan. – Slate Magazine — The briallant physicist Lawrence Krauss chimes in on Newt’s moon dreams.
- Gravitational Pol: What President Gingrich And His Moon Base Would Mean For U.S. Innovation | Fast Company
- Is Newt’s Moon Colony Fantasy or Science Fiction? – E.D. Kain – Technology – The Atlantic
- Newt Gingrich wants to colonize the moon | Grist
- Mining the moon isn’t as easy as it sounds – The Washington Post
- Man on the moon: Newt Gingrich’s lifetime fixation with space – The Washington Post (Some highlights, from moon mirrors to space lasers)
- Brad DeLong: Alex Massie Begs the Republicans Not to Choose Gingrich
- Adaptation to Climate Change Through Colonizing the Moon « The Reality-Based Community
- Newt Gingrich’s moon base idea takes center stage at the GOP debate in Florida – Robin Bravender – POLITICO.com
- Robert Reich: Why No Responsible Democrat Should Want Newt Gingrich To Get The GOP Nomination
- The three big lies of Newton Leroy Gingrich | THE BILL PRESS SHOW
…As speaker, in fact, Gingrich received so much criticism from fellow Republicans that he once asked Senate Leader Bob Dole “Why do people take such an instant dislike to me?” Dole reportedly explained: “Because it saves time.” True then; true today.
- First Read – Gingrich promises US moon colony by 2020
- Jon Stewart On Newt’s Moon Base: He Wants To Leave The Earth ‘For A Younger Planet’ | Mediaite
- The right wing weighs in on Gingrich’s Moon shot with—Instapundit » Blog Archive » MORE ON THAT GINGRICH MOON BILL: Reader Jonathan Fellows writes: It looks like the bill was intr…
- Santorum trashes Gingrich moon colony – CNN Political Ticker – CNN.com Blogs
Politics— Mitt Romney
- First Read – First Thoughts: Romney owned Gingrich, but problems linger
- Mitt to Newt: ‘You’re fired’ – POLITICO.com
Economics & The Economny
- Daily Kos: Bernie Sanders proposes to ax fossil-fuel subsidies and add 10 million sun-powered rooftops
- Coal Does More Harm Than Good in Kentucky: $62 Million for Asthma Costs, $10 Billion for Lost Lives | ThinkProgress
Climate & Climate Politics
The climate change propaganda march on the science denial right continues. I got an email from the serial propagandist Marc Morano today with the subject line: 16 Prominent Scientists Declare: ‘No Need to Panic About Global Warming': ‘There’s no compelling scientific argument for drastic action to ‘decarbonize’ the world’s economy’. In it you find a link to Morano’s ClimateDepot.com site that then links to this op-ed article/letter on the WSJ site: Sixteen Concerned Scientists: No Need to Panic About Global Warming – WSJ.com. Morano makes the claim on his site that:
The number of scientific ‘heretics’ is growing with each passing year. The reason is a collection of stubborn scientific facts…Computer models have greatly exaggerated how much warming additional CO2 can cause…Faced with this embarrassment, those promoting alarm have shifted their drumbeat from warming to weather extremes, to enable anything unusual that happens in our chaotic climate to be ascribed to CO2
No Marc “the number of scientific ‘heretics’ ISN’T growing with each passing year“. Taking your cue from the techniques, methods, and words attributed to Joseph Goebbels you just keep on repeating that lie over and over again.
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.”
“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly – it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”
Looking at this list of 16 Prominent Scientists I think,…that’s it? Just 16? And none of those folks mentioned in the article or as signatories are new to the denial platoon.
Then later this evening I discover and read this commentary about that WSJ denial article I cited above : Remarkable Editorial Bias on Climate Science at the Wall Street Journal – Forbes from which I’ve excepted a small passage below:
…But the most amazing and telling evidence of the bias of the Wall Street Journal in this field is the fact that 255 members of the United States National Academy of Sciences wrote a comparable (but scientifically accurate) essay on the realities of climate change and on the need for improved and serious public debate around the issue, offered it to the Wall Street Journal, and were turned down. The National Academy of Sciences is the nation’s pre-eminent independent scientific organizations. Its members are among the most respected in the world in their fields. Yet the Journal wouldn’t publish this letter, from more than 15 times as many top scientists. Instead they chose to publish an error-filled and misleading piece on climate because some so-called experts aligned with their bias signed it. This may be good politics for them, but it is bad science and it is bad for the nation.
Science magazine – perhaps the nation’s most important journal on scientific issues – published the letter from the NAS members after the Journal turned it down.
Do you have an open mind? Read both, side by side. And understand that every national academy of sciences on the planet agrees with the reality and seriousness of human caused climate change.
Gotcha Marc, you deceitful lying pack of…