- Where is the campaign’s conservative populist? – Politics Wires – MiamiHerald.com
- Martin Bashir Exposes The Great Republican Hoax | Crooks and Liars
- R i g h t a r d i a: CBS: Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney tax plans
Both Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney suggest that the tax cuts they have proposed would increase federal tax revenues.
The Republican truism that tax cuts increase revenues has been flatly rejected by economists across the ideological spectrum, including Romney adviser and former George W. Bush chief economist Gregory Mankiw and several others who served in the Bush administration.
Ronald Reagan had to increase taxes 11 times to counteract the effects of his “supply sider” tax cuts.
Politics — Mitt Romney
- Up with Chris Hayes – This just in: Mitt Romney changes positions
Tomorrow morning we’ll talk about Mitt Romney and his taxes. During the conversation, think about this quote from 1994 that producer Todd Cole found in the Boston Globe:
“The blind trust is an age-old ruse,” Romney told the Boston Globe in October of that year. “You give a blind trust rules. You can say to a blind trust, don’t invest in properties which would be in conflict of interest or where the seller might think they’re going to get an advantage from me.”
Hard to believe… but Romney’s position has shifted on this ‘blind trust’ thing.
Politics — Sheldon Adelson (Newt Gingrich’s patron & benefactor)
- Sheldon Adelson Could Give $1 Billion To Gingrich And Not Notice – Forbes
- Sheldon Adelson – Forbes
- Sheldon Adelson: Why Newt’s Biggest Donor Wants A Friend In The White House | News & Politics | AlterNet
- Who Is Sheldon Adelson, the Gingrich Super PAC’s Billionaire Backer? – Molly Ball – Politics – The Atlantic
- Who is Sheldon Adelson? | Need to Know | PBS kkk
…Do you know who Sheldon and Miriam Adelson are? Do you know what Gingrich has promised them, or what they think they’ll get out of a Gingrich presidency? I don’t. But if Newt becomes President of the United States, they’ll be singularly responsible. And we better find out, because Newt will owe them big time.[read on...]
- Adelson, Sheldon – Profile – Right Web – Institute for Policy Studies
- Sheldon Adelson, a Billionaire, Gives Gingrich a Big Lift – NYTimes.com
- In Nevada, Sheldon Adelson Gets His Very Own Caucus – Molly Ball – Politics – The Atlantic