Politics — Barack Obama
- Obama: The conservative in 2012 – The Washington Post
…Obama is defending a tradition that sees government as an essential actor in the nation’s economy, a guarantor of fair rules of competition, a countervailing force against excessive private power, a check on the inequalities that capitalism can produce, and an instrument that can open opportunity for those born without great advantages…
The GOP is engaged in a wholesale effort to redefine the government help that Americans take for granted as an effort to create a radically new, statist society…
Republicans are increasingly inclined to argue that any redistribution (and Social Security, Medicare, student loans, veterans benefits and food stamps are all redistributive) is but a step down the road to some radically egalitarian dystopia.
Obama will thus be the conservative in 2012, in the truest sense of that word. He is the candidate defending the modestly redistributive and regulatory government the country has relied on since the New Deal, and that neither Ronald Reagan nor George W. Bush dismantled. The rhetoric of the 2012 Republicans suggests they want to go far beyond where Reagan or Bush ever went. And here’s the irony: By raising the stakes of 2012 so high, Republicans will be playing into Obama’s hands. The GOP might well win a referendum on the state of the economy. But if this is instead a larger-scale referendum on whether government should be “inconsequential,” Republicans will find the consequences to be very disappointing.
Politics — Newt Gingrich
Politics — Ron Paul
- Statement from fmr. Ron Paul staffer on Newsletters, Anti-Semitism | Right Wing News
Is Ron Paul an Anti-Semite? Absolutely No…
He is however, most certainly Anti-Israel, and Anti-Israeli in general. He wishes the Israeli state did not exist at all. He expressed this to me numerous times in our private conversations. His view is that Israel is more trouble than it is worth, specifically to the America taxpayer. He sides with the Palestinians, and supports their calls for the abolishment of the Jewish state, and the return of Israel, all of it, to the Arabs.
- Ron Paul camp fires back at ex-aide over column on Israel, gays – Political Hotsheet – CBS News
Politics — Mitt Romney
- Frank Rich on the Republican Party’s Enraged Populist Movement — New York Magazine
- The GOP’s Followership Problem | FrumForum
Climate & Climate Politics
- The Debunking Handbook Part 1: The First Myth About Debunking | ThinkProgress
- Rep. Kelly Trashes Electric Cars: ‘This Is Science That Doesn’t Make Sense’ | ThinkProgress
- Climate Change and Canadian Tradition – YouTube.
- Conservative on Global Warming
- Climate & Solar Changes
- DailyTech – New Paper Estimates 74 Percent of Warming is Manmade
- NASA: Climate Change May Flip 40% of Earth’s Major Ecosystems This Century | ThinkProgress
- Sorry, Deniers, Study of “True Global Warming Signal” Finds “Remarkably Steady” Rate of Manmade Warming Since 1979 | ThinkProgress