- Daily Kos: Mitt Romney: Lying to victory
The results of Wednesday night’s first presidential debate are in and it’s official: Mitt Romney won round one. He was aggressive, he was decisive, he delivered. Of course he also lied through his teeth for most of the debate.Romney lied:
- When he claimed that “pre-existing conditions are covered under my plan.” They’re not.
- When he said that President Obama had “cut Medicare by $716 billion to pay for Obamacare.” Obama didn’t.
- When he denied proposing a $5 trillion tax cut. He did.
- When he said President Obama had “added almost as much to the federal debt as all the prior presidents combined.” Not even close.
- When he resurrected “death panels.” That was called “one of the biggest whoppers of the night.”
- When he stated that half the green energy companies given stimulus funds had failed. Onlyif three out of nearly three dozen is half.
Stayed tuned. These just scratch the surface.
- Progressives Pan Obama Following Dismal Debate | Common Dreams