The Culture Wars
Sheryl Sandberg the COO of Facebook has a new book out (Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead) that is causing a stir. I haven’t read it but I have seen her TED Talk which the book supposedly builds on (Sheryl Sandberg: Why we have too few women leaders | Video on TED.com).
Personally her talk rang very poignant and true when I first heard it maybe a year to a year and a half ago and again this morning as I viewed it again.
That said Ms Sandberg’s book is striking a cord (not necessarily resonant amongst all women, the articles below are written by women).
- Sheryl Sandberg’s misguided message | Fox News by Suzanne Venker
- Dear Sheryl Sandberg, Congrats on your new book, but… by Peg Tyre
- Book News: Who’s Afraid Of Sheryl Sandberg? : The Two-Way : NPR by Annalisa Quinn
- Pompom Girl for Feminism – NYTimes.com by Maureen Dowd
- Sheryl Sandberg’s ‘Lean In’ Offers Lessons – NYTimes.com by Janet Maslin
- A cheat sheet for Sheryl Sandberg’s ‘Lean In’ – The Washington Post by Jena McGregor
Her story and the story surrounding her book was was on 60 Minutes this evening too…
Also in the news today that follows along the line of contemporary feminism today….