I’m in another heated discussion on FaceBook Regarding GMOs and I wanted to both link to that discussion and create a bibliography of the material I am reading and or referring to in the discussion.
What I’m Reading on GMOs, Fri, Sep 5, 2014
- Scientifc American: Labels for GMO Foods Are a Bad Idea Mandatory labels for genetically modified foods are a bad idea Aug 20, 2013 |By The Editors
- Richard Green on the Scientific Consensus and GMOs | www.skeptiforum.org
The Truth about Genetically Modified Food Proponents of genetically modified crops say the technology is the only way to feed a warming, increasingly populous world. Critics say we tamper with nature at our peril. Who is right?
The Skeptics Guide to the Universe On Monsanto Myths | Rationally Thinking Out Loud An excerpt from a podcast of The Skeptics’ Guide To The Universe… Dr. Steven Novella discusses urban myths about Monsanto.
Penn And Teller Get Hippies To Sign Water Banning Petition Penn and Teller get hippies to sign a petition that bans water.
Golden Rice Opponents Should Be Held Accountable for Health Problems Linked to Vitamin A… blogs.scientificamerican.com By 2002, Golden Rice was technically ready to go. Animal testing had found no health risks. Syngenta, which had figured out how to insert the Vitamin …
- An article on a ridiculously childish and scientifically naive experiment about how a Farmer’s experiment finds that squirrels prefer organic over GMO corn
- And then a video that completely debunks that article…Do Squirrels Reject Genetically Modified Corn? The truth about an urban legend…. According to urban legend, squirrels…
10 Insane Cases of Genetic Engineering – Listverse You’re probably familiar with South Korea’s glow-in-the-dark cats (if not, here’s a video). They’re genetically modified cats with fluorescent pigmentation
The Lowdown on GMOs: According to Science, an Ebook by Fourat Janabi Distrust of GMOs has increased in recent years from initiatives to label, ban, or warn the public. The Lowdown on GMOs features contributions by public scientists, authors, farmers, science writers and journalists answering the hard questions with elegance, ease, and evidence. This is a book for tho…
- And yes someone actually referred to a Mike Adams Natural News article entitled Golden rice debunked: ten blatant contradictions and false claims of genetically modified riceaturalnews.com
- So I then linked to this RationalWiki article about how Scopie’s Law applies to Mike Adams and Natural News too …Whale.to – RationalWiki
DNA at 60: Still Much to Learn On the diamond jubilee of the double helix, we should admit that we don’t fully understand how evolution works at the molecular level.
Mutagenesis – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Mutagenesis /mjuːtəˈdʒɛnɪsɪs/ is a process by which the genetic information of an organism is changed in a stable manner, resulting in a mutation. It may occur spontaneously in nature, or as a result of exposure to mutagens. It can also be achieved experimentally using laboratory procedures. In natu…
- Bad science about GMOs: It reminds me of the antivaccine movement – Respectful Insolence
- The GMO Rogues Gallery | Skepti-Forum
- No science-based reason to justify mandatory GMO labeling, study concludes | Genetic Literacy Project
- Richard Dawkins talks about GMO crops
- GMO opponents are the left’s version of global warming deniers
- Review of 10 years of GMO research–no significant dangers
- What does science say about GMO’s–they’re safe
- Genetically Modified | Skeptical Raptor’s Blog
- No Health Concerns for GMO
- When scientific consensus meets GMOs | Genetic Literacy Project
- Why Liberal Americans Are Turning Against GMO Labeling
- On GMOs & Changing Your Mind… | Random Rationality
- Fourat Janabi Discusses His Transition from Anti-GMO to Pro-GMO > Episodes > Green State TV
- Most ‘dangerous’ anti-science GMO critic? Meet Mike Adams–Conspiracy junkie runs alternative ‘health’ empire | Genetic Literacy Project
- GMO Scaremongering Hurts People Everywhere | MIT Technology Review