Climate & Climate Politics
- Himalayan glaciers have lost no ice in the past 10 years, new study reveals | Fox News
…Bamber was quick to caution that the new study doesn’t alter his view that the climate is changing, and rapidly.“This new study doesn’t change our view of the risks and threats from climate change,” he said in an online chat at the Guardian. “What it does do is improve our knowledge of the recent behavior of one part of the climate system.”
Indeed, Wahr’s study clearly notes that lower-altitude glaciers and ice caps are melting, to the tune of about 150 billion tons of ice annually, which the study predicts could lead to an overall rise in sea levels. He concluded that the higher altitude and therefore colder Himalayan peaks may be temporarily impervious to factors causing melting.
- The science “hoax” hoax: what a puddle of santorum!
- Commentary Series: Dunsmore: Candidates and Climate Change
- And just like I predicted the attack of the science deniers on the recent news about Himalayan glacier melt begins in earnest: Himalayan Glaciers Not Melting From Climate Change Study Shows – Investors.com
- Melting Ice and Sea Level Rise : Greg Laden’s Blog
- Did Santorum just call Obama the Antichrist? Updated
The short answer is “yes.”
For over thirty years, the religious right has been teaching its followers that they are under siege by modern society, by liberals, by secularists, and by the Democratic Party. Anything they find even moderately unpleasant, their leaders tell them is an attack aimed directly at destroying, not just them, but Christianity and Christians. This paranoid world view fits very well into the Protestant end-times narrative. If they already believe that they are under constant attack by vaguely defined, almost irresistible forces it’s not much of a jump to believe that those forces are diabolical in nature. And many do make that jump.
Rick Santorum gladly encourages those feelings of paranoia in his audience and is trying to direct them into a force that he can ride into the White House. When Obama says every kid should go to college, Santorum says that’s because the Left uses college to indoctrinate our kids. The secular Left, he warns, wants to crush religious dissent, just like in the old Soviet Union. The day day after Obama spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast, Santorum railed that “he has done more to assault religion in this country than any president.” Santorum has never been one to shy away from over the top rhetoric including, of course, the Hitler card.
Today he managed to go beyond Hitler and the Soviet Union. Today, he suggested to his followers that Obama is the Antichrist or, at the very least, paving the way for the Antichrist.
They are taking faith and crushing it. Why? Why? When you marginalize faith in America, when you remove the pillar of God-given rights, then what’s left is the French Revolution. What’s left is the government that gives you rights. What’s left are no unalienable rights, what’s left is a government that will tell you who you are, what you’ll do and when you’ll do it. What’s left in France became the guillotine. Ladies and gentlemen, we’re a long way from that. But if we do and follow the path of President Obama and his overt hostility to faith in America, then we are headed down that road.
- Obama Prayer Day For Muslims Meme Found To Be False
- Santorum questions women in frontline military roles because of ‘other types of emotions are involved’ (updated) | Pam’s House Blend
- CPAC recap: As much talk about big-hatted Pilgrims as the economy – CSMonitor.com
- Source: Obama to change birth control rule
- CPAC: Gingrich says Obama wants to wage war on Catholic Church – latimes.com
Economics & The Economy
- Mortgage relief plan: Can it spark housing rebound? – CSMonitor.com
- A bailout for victims of predeatory lenders or bailout of deadbeats? To the New York Post of course we’re bailing out deadbeats. The president bails out housing ‘deadbeats’—Charles Gasparino – NYPOST.com
- Feds, states, banks agree to mortgage settlement – USATODAY.com
- Obama lauds housing, education agreements