- The National Memo » Worse Than London: Romney’s Reckless Remarks In Jerusalem
- Romney Blasted For Statement Suggesting Israeli Cultural Superiority Over Palestinians | ThinkProgress
Climate & Climate Politics
- Medieval Warm Period — fact vs. fiction – YouTube
- Former Koch funded climate skeptic finally faces reality | The Zingularity
- PRESS RELEASE | Wott’s Up With That? (The emphasis is mine)
“PRESS RELEASE“ (2012-07-29). Here it is! The game-changing scientific announcement from Anthony Watts that the entire world will want to know about!
“U.S. Temperature trends show a spurious doubling due to NOAA station siting problems and post measurement adjustments.”
So… Anthony Watts’ science revelation is that his inkjet has finished printing a typo-ridden do-over of his attack on US surface station weather data, “to be submitted for publication”, with his usual denialist pals (McIntyre, Christie, Jones).
Strange that Anthony’s promoting his sciencey-ness before publication (let alone acceptance). Didn’t he rail against the practice when he didn’t like former pal Dr. Muller’s temperature analysis? I guess that was then and this is… now.
Let’s see who he tries to submit this too (Journal of Geophysics, anyone? Oops, all the planted editors have decamped) and how the peer-review turns out. Should be funny to watch him squirm and sputter.
Wait, I just got it!
Anthony knows the evil conspiracy of competent climate scientists will never allow a threat to the secret communist world government. Like every denialist proclamation yet, Anthony’s moment of shining triumph will last no longer than the delay between clicking “post” and being read by tamino or RealClimate.org (that will be some good readin’).
Make hay while the sun shines, Anthony.
P.S. Looks like Anthony’s barrage was timed to deflect attention from his former denialist buddy Dr. Muller. Muller’s Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature publication confirmed the conventional scientific conclusions. His op-ed today in the New York Times is “The Conversion of a Climate-Change Skeptic”:
Call me a converted skeptic. Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming. Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause.
Anthony’s been hiding behind a fence, nursing his snowball-with-a-stone-in-it waiting for Muller to walk past. Hell hath no fury like a betrayed denialist.
- Muller’s BEST | Planet3.0
- Prominent climate change denier now says he was wrong – CSMonitor.com
- Reasons For Optimism: Why Climate Change is not a ‘Zero Sum Game’ | ThinkProgress
- Bill Nye Addresses Climate Change, ‘Disappointed’ In The Media (VIDEO)
- Sen. Sanders: Inhofe ‘dead wrong’ on climate change – The Hill’s E2-Wire
- And you have got to read this absurd piece of global warming denial cheerleading The debunking of global warming continues | Conservative News, Views & Books The weekly conservative new publication “Human Events” are the right wing jokers that publish a list of “Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries” which contains books such as The Feminine Mystique, by Betty Friedan, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, by Alfred Kinsey, and General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money, by John Maynard Keynes along with honorable mentions The Origin of Species, by Charles Darwin, and Silent Spring, by Rachel Carson
The Affordable Care Act
- A Personal Note About Obamacare And My Recent Absence | ThinkProgress
….The upshot of this is that, in one night, I transformed from the kind of patient health insurers drool over — a young, healthy man whose biggest medical expense in the last ten years was a broken toe incurred during a kung fu class — to what those same insurers deem a “high risk” patient. If I lost my job tomorrow, or if I left CAP and ThinkProgress to start my own business, it is very unlikely I would be able to afford health insurance once my current plan runs out. Indeed, without Obamacare, it is reasonably likely that I would not be able to obtain insurance at any price. Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, however, the insurance industry’s practice of denying care to high risk patients like myself will soon be illegal.
So let’s be clear, there are people in this world who have the right to complain; I am not one of them. I have a wonderful girlfriend who took care of me when I was unable to sit up and when I had to get out of my hospital bed eight times in one night to go to the bathroom. I come to work every day and spend the next ten or eleven hours working to turn my moral values into a reality. I am blessed with hard working and dedicated colleagues who are some of my closest friends. And I’ve somehow managed to find an organization that is willing to pay me a salary and offer me generous health benefits to do this. I am one of the most fortunate people in the world.
But I am also deeply grateful that the Supreme Court did the right thing last month. Because of Obamacare, I will never have to know what it is like to fear that my next trip to the doctor could be a ticket to bankruptcy. And when the law takes full effect in 2014, millions of Americans just like me will wake up free of this fear for the rest of their lives. (read the complete article…)
- Romney Praises Israel’s Universal Health Care System, Which Includes Individual Mandate | ThinkProgresss