Climate & Climate Politics
- Every $1 Spent in Preparedness Saves $7 In Response | Use Celsias.com – reduce global °Celsius
Since the year 2000, almost 1 million people have lost their lives to disasters caused by natural hazards. 2 billion people have been affected. 1 trillion dollars in damage was caused.
Every one dollar spent on preparing for disasters could save seven dollars in response. Yet, the international community is spending only 1% of aid on disaster preparedness.
We can’t prevent disasters, but we can help prevent the human tragedies they cause. Join our campaign, #ActNow, Save Later!
- Is it safe to blame global warming? – All Opinions Are Local – The Washington Post
- Letters: What we can do about climate change – latimes.com
- Cynthia Tucker: Global warming skeptics rule GOP
- MICHELLE MALKIN: Global warming blame-ologists play with fire- The Register Citizen
- Pundits Urge President Obama To Back President Obama’s Proposals | TPM2012
- The Cowardly Lions of ‘Free Speech’ | The Big Picture
Bill opens this week’s show by explaining how last week’s Supreme Court decision not to reconsider Citizens United exposes the hoax that Citizens United was ever about “free” speech. In reality, Bill says, it’s about carpet bombing elections “with all the tonnage your rich paymasters want to buy.”
- SE Cupp Has Opinions About Stuff | TBogg
Watch SE Cupp, whose 5 Hour Energy drink kicks in midway, discuss atheism in a way that is both hilarious and desperate (lest she lose her conservative street cred) as her co-hosts look on with a combination of horror and bemusement.
Bonus points to Krystal Ball for emphasizing to viewers that Cupp is supposed to be smart, despite all evidence to the contrary, and to Steve Kornacki for keeping a straight face although his eyes betray the panic of a guy who just figured out that his date is totally wasted and he’s wondering if his friends will be giving him shit about it later.
(Via who has an excellent summary if you can’t get through the whole video)
- Cenk Uygur’s Excellent Take Down Of John Stossel’s Smear Of Poor People – NewsHounds
- Conservatives vs. Libertarians on What Ails Higher Education: The Case of the Universty of Virginia | Rightly Understood | Big Think