Climate & Climate Politics
- Redding.com Blogs: Doug Craig’s blog
- How to talk to an OSTRICH: “Global Warming Stopped in 1998!” – YouTube
- Global Warming Seen Lifting California Sea Level a Foot – Businessweek
- 7 Cities About to Sink | U.S. News Travel
- The Rage Of A Dying Dinosaur: Coal’s Decline In The U.S. | ThinkProgress
A dinosaur backed into a corner by a pack of smaller dinosaurs may be mortally wounded, but it’s big and angry enough to do some serious damage in its death throes. The coal industry, long accustomed to being the Tyrannosaurus Rex of American politics, is on the ropes, battered by forces outside its control, but angry enough to damage people while it searches for an escape route.
Long term use of coal in the US is declining….(…read the complete article…)
- The Opinionated Liberal: 12 Reasons To Vote for Romney
I’m a liberal blogger, no bones about it. But in the interest of being fair and balanced, I’ve decided to play devil’s advocate and give you all a few good reasons you ought to vote for Mitt Romney*.
1. “Corporations are people, my friend.” You know, they can be held accountable for their crimes by going to jail, or being executed, right?
2. Obama is not “one of us.” All those birth certificates and news clippings? Clearly Photoshopped.
3. Speaking of scary brown people, immigration is bad. Kids who were brought here by their parents are hardened criminals, doncha know? So no socialist DREAM Act!
4. Speaking of immigration, he won’t give you details of his plan to solve it, not because he doesn’t have any ideas or he’s trying to hide them! That’s for sure!
5. Same goes for how helping rich people magically makes the economy better. But we all know that’s true. After a decade of trickle-down economics, we’re literally drowning in jobs! (Nope, that’s not student loan/credit card/mortgage debt! We promise!)
6. His wife’s dressage horse qualified for the Olympics. How cool is that!
7. As a business man, he made his wealth by shipping jobs overseas…erm, creating jobs! That’s it! Which the government doesn’t do, which is why you should vote him into office, so he can create jobs!
8. Obama will take away your guns. Mitt Romney knows that that’s not what Jesus would want!
9. Healthcare is for socialists. Free healthcare for all is definitely NOT something Jesus would do. Totally.
10. Did I mention tax cuts for the wealthy? That’s…wealth trickling down, yeah, that’s what it is.
11. You can tell he’s a real family man by the way he treats his dog. His dog loved being strapped to the roof so much he became incontinent with joy!
12. Obama didn’t magic the economy better instantly! Therefore, you should do everything in your power to restore the party that caused the mess in the first place! And you can’t blame the obstructionists inCongress! They only blocked every jobs bill that socialist came up with!
*Please note that this entire list is satirical. Side effects of voting for Mitt Romney include loss of jobs, welfare, health insurance, and freedoms (unless you’re super rich!), as well as possible deportation. Voting for Romney is discouraged.
From The Opinionated Liberal a great blog every progressive thinker will find entertaining.
- Rachel Maddow Debunks, Mocks Fast and Furious | Crooks and Liars
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
This segment, though long, should be required viewing for anyone who wants to understand how the right’s latest made-up scandal came to be. It’s essentially the invention of former militia leader and right-wing agitator Michael Vanderboegh.
On December 8, when Eric Holder testified before the House Judiciary Committee about Operation Fast and Furious, the bungled federal attempt to combat gun smuggling to Mexico, his testimony was met with frequent snickers and occasional hostility. The source wasn’t Republican committee members, but rather a blogger seated at the press table. Wearing a homemade press pass in a National Rifle Association badge-holder, Mike Vanderboegh had arrived at the hearing toting an Army-issue laptop case that appeared capable of withstanding a roadside bomb.
A large, ruddy fellow with white hair and a mischievous smile, he had played a key role in turning Fast and Furious into a national scandal. From his home in Pinson, Alabama, Vanderboegh writes a little-known, far-right blog called Sipsey Street Irregulars.
To call Vanderboegh a right-wing extremist is probably understatement.
Vanderboegh is unapologetic about his advocacy for armed resistance against what he views as a repressive government. He describes himself as a member of the Three Percent movement. It’s a reference to those who fought in the American Revolution, a minority that Vanderboegh claims “never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists.” On his website, Vanderboegh sums up the doctrine of the Three Percent: “We will not disarm. You cannot convince us. You cannot intimidate us. You can try to kill us, if you think you can. But remember, we’ll shoot back.”
Nice to see where the Republican Party is getting its ideas these days.
- Maddow: Fast And Furious Investigation Is The “Specific” Version Of NRA Leader LaPierre’s Obama Gun Conspiracy | Media Matters for America—
- And some pathetic special pleading apologetics from the wing nut blog NewBusters: Maddow Begs Media to Ignore Fast and Furious: Just Another ‘Paranoid Delusion’ Like Sherrod Scandal | NewsBusters.org
- Higgs Boson found? – Jerry Coyne – Why Evolution Is True – RichardDawkins.net
- BOOK REVIEW: The Humblebee Hunter | The Dispersal of Darwin