- Barack Obama | Watch President Obama at his first rally of 2012
- Rachel Maddow Hits Romney For Using ‘Overpaid’ Firefighters for Photo Op | Video Cafe
- Good political satire, a hat tip to FDL for helping me find this one: Saturday Art: Garfunkel and Oates – “Save the Rich” | MyFDL
- Romney’s Red Herring: Blaming Regulation On Fishing Woes That Smart Regulations Could Have Prevented | ThinkProgress
- Some reports of Agenda 21 nonsense from the far wacko right…
- Michael Smerconish: Mission Accomplished
- Evidence of Political Idiocy | Firedoglake
Climate & Climate Politics
- Scaling Heaven (Re-Release) [Carl Sagan Tribute Series, S01E15] – YouTube
- Conversion on Mount Improbable: How Evolution Challenges Christian Dogma – Mike Aus – RichardDawkins.net – RichardDawkins.net
- Robert Reich: The Answer Isn’t Socialism; It’s Capitalism That Better Spreads the Benefits of the Productivity Revolution
Francois Hollande’s victory doesn’t and shouldn’t mean a movement toward socialism in Europe or elsewhere. Socialism isn’t the answer to the basic problem haunting all rich nations.
The answer is to reform capitalism. The world’s productivity revolution is outpacing the political will of rich societies to fairly distribute its benefits. The result is widening inequality coupled with slow growth and stubbornly high unemployment.
In the United States, almost all the gains from productivity growth have been going to the top 1 percent, and the percent of the working-age population with jobs is now lower than it’s been in more than thirty years (before the vast majority of women moved into paid work). [read the rest of the article…]
- Libertaian writeer Megan McArdle publishes a guest post from Garett Jones an Economist at George Mason University: Why Economies Boom – Megan McArdle – Business – The Atlantic
- Brad DeLong: The Division of Labor: Adam Smith on the Day-Laborer’s Woollen Coat