- Mitt gets personal – James Hohmann – POLITICO.com
- Detroit police union warns visitors city is ‘more dangerous’ | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com
- Romney gets personal at Florida rally – First Read
- Gibbs: Romney Will ‘Battle Sesame Street’ and ‘Let Wall Street Run Hog Wild’ | Video Cafe
- Daily Kos: Some very specific debate questions for Mitt Romney on LGBT issues
- The Immoral Minority: Remember that debate that Mitt Romney “won?” Well apparently he also started another international incident as well.
- Revisiting The “Testosterone Effect” In Voting | IdeaFeed | Big Think
- Male Aggression and the Financial Crisis | Lionel Tiger | Big Think
- Enter At Your Own Risk: Police Union Says ‘War-Like’ Detroit Is Unsafe For Visitors « CBS Detroit
- Confident Romney continues shift to center – CBS News
Economics & The Economny
- No recovery until 2018, IMF warns | Business | The Guardian sss
Fund’s chief economist Olivier Blanchard says global economy will take a decade to recover from the financial crisis.
The International Monetary Fund’s chief economist has warned that theglobal economy will take a decade to recover from the financial crisis as the latest snapshot of the UK economy suggested that growth in the third quarter will be at best anaemic.
Olivier Blanchard said he feared the eurozone crisis, debt problems in Japan and the US, and a slowdown in China meant that the world economy would not be in good shape until at least 2018. “It’s not yet a lost decade,” he said. “But it will surely take at least a decade from the beginning of the crisis for the world economy to get back to decent shape. (read the complete article…)
- U.S. recovery could take until 2018 – MarketWatch
- This article is dated Nov 2009!- The U.S. economy to 2018: from recession to recovery (EXCERPT), Monthly Labor Review Online, November 2009
Climate & Climate Politics
- Congressional Climate Denier: “I don’t believe but the Earth’s about 9000 years old” « Climate Denial Crock of the Week
- Does record Antarctic sea ice refute global warming? | Fact Checker
…But the bigger question is one that seems to make sense: If Arctic sea ice at the north pole is at a record low and Antarctic sea ice at the south pole is at a record high, doesn’t this mean they are balancing each other out?
To learn more, Fact Checker contacted Ted Scambos via email with help from the Climate Science Rapid Response Team. He has visited both polar regions several times, especially Antarctica. He is also lead scientist at the National Snow and Ice Data Center at the University of Colorado, where he works on Antarctic ice dynamics and polar climate change effects.
Scambos said the trend for winter ice in Antarctica is to add about 5,000 miles each year whereas the Arctic summer loss is about 30,000 miles a year: “They certainly don’t offset each other.” D(read the complete article…)
- Candidates ignore climate change debate – SFGate