- The Anti-Science Party » Liberal Values.
- The Rick Perry Nightmare » Liberal Values
- Rick Perry: The God-Fearing, Know-Nothing, Pistol-Packing Embodiment Of Liberals’ Worst Nightmares | The New Republic — “Perry is not only a presidential candidate, but also a cowboy-booted sociological experiment. It is almost as if Perry’s political persona was constructed by bundling together all the fears and phantoms in the left-wing anxiety closet. Since the hysteria of the 1950s Red Scare, no Republican figure has matched Perry in his God-given ability to give liberals the heebie-jeebies. Others can rival the governor’s disdain for academic achievement (Palin), his cross-on-the-sleeve religiosity (Michele Bachmann and Mike Huckabee), and his antipathy to Social Security and Medicare (Paul Ryan and Barry Goldwater). But never before has a top-tier presidential candidate embodied the whole lethal package—and more”
- Obama and the Left » Liberal Values.
- “I think the Republican Party is captive to political movements that are very ideological, that are very narrow. I’ve never seen so much intolerance as I see today in American politics.” — Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) (video)
- The Borowitz Report: Rabid Dog Briefly Mistaken for Tea Party Candidate
A rabid Doberman Pinscher jumped on stage at a Tea Party rally in Missouri on Labor Day and barked at the crowd for nearly twenty minutes before people realized he was not a candidate.
The dog, later identified by its owner as “Mister Buster,” held the crowd spellbound as he barked, growled, and frothed at the mouth, eventually receiving a standing ovation for his exertions.
Gwendolene Thomason, 42, a Tea Party supporter from Jefferson City, was one of the hundreds on hand who were convinced that the Doberman was a Tea Party candidate until he was outed as a dog.
“I liked what he had to say,” she said. “He reminded me of Glenn Beck, only furrier.”
Elsewhere, in a positive piece of news for the Texas Governor, a new poll shows him leading the pack among voters who describe themselves as delusional.
via Rabid Dog Briefly Mistaken for Tea Party Candidate « Borowitz Report.