- Obama Bucks GOP, Nominates CFPB Chief | NationofChange
- Chart of the Day: Presidential Recess Appointments | Mother Jones.
- The Page by Mark Halperin | Mitt: POTUS “Refuses to Take No for an Answer” on Cordray
Obama campaign’s statement below.
Statement on Governor Romney Siding with Predatory Lenders and Republicans in Congress over Middle Class Americans
By opposing the appointment of Richard Cordray to run the first-ever consumer watchdog bureau, Mitt Romney today stood with predatory lenders and Republicans in Congress over the middle class. He doubled down on his promise to eliminate the Wall Street watchdog and allow Wall Street to write its own rules again, leaving consumers vulnerable to hidden fees, financial traps and excessive risk taking that will hit their pocketbooks. Governor Romney has made clear he has not learned the lessons of the economic crisis, instead, he’s giving the most irresponsible financial actors a bright green light to pursue profit at any cost to communities across America.
- US automakers take back market share in 2011 – chicagotribune.com<
“This year, for the first time since 1988, all three Detroit automakers have gained market share in the U.S.”
Politics — Mitt Romney
Politics — Newt Gingrich
- Report Details How Fox News Fueled Newt Inc. and Pushed His “Drill Here, Drill Now” Agenda | NationofChange
Politic — Rick Santorum
- Santorum denies making a racial comment on welfare – The Hill’s Video
- Try Watching This Without Getting Infuriated | Friendly Atheist
Climate & Climate Politics
- Little Green Footballs – Andrew Breitbart Spreads ‘Climategate’ Hysteria on Twitter
- The climate change message is not being heard. Here’s how to change tack | Sunny Hundal | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk