Climate & Climate Politics
- Peter Gleick’s alleged crime : Class M
- A few pieces from the science denial right:
- Concerned Scientists Reply on Global Warming – WSJ.com -Editor’s Note: The authors of the following letter, listed below, are also the signatories of “No Need to Panic About Global Warming,” an op-ed that appeared in the Journal on January 27. This letter responds to criticisms of the op-ed made by Kevin Trenberth and 37 others in a letter published Feb. 1, and by Robert Byer of the American Physical Society in a letter published Feb. 6.
- The Global Warming Cult and the Death of Science | FrontPage Magazine
- Climate scientist Peter Gleick admits he leaked Heartland Institute documents | Environment | guardian.co.uk
- “Dear Phillip Morris” – Heartland’s Love Letter to Big Tobacco « Climate Denial Crock of the Week
- Leaker of Heartland Documents Identifies Himself | InsideClimate News
- Activist Says Heartland Climate Papers Obtained by Deceit – NYTimes.com
- Richard Littlemore | Whistleblower Authenticates Heartland Documents
- Peter Gleick reveals himself as source of Heartland documents
- Climate scientist admits duping skeptic group to obtain documents – The Washington Post
- Global Warming Know-It-Alls Write More BS In The Wall Street Journal: Gothamist
- Franklin Graham Calls Obama’s Religious Beliefs Into Question
- ‘Morning Joe’ Confronts Rev. Franklin Graham Over Obama’s Christianity: ‘That Is An Amazing Double Standard’ (VIDEO)
- Balloon Juice » Shorter Franklin Graham: Obama is Probably a Secret Muslim
- Franklin Graham Still Not Sure If President Obama is a Christian | Crooks and Liars
Well, he was at it again on Tuesday’s Morning Joe — playing the same little McCarthyist game with Obama’s Christianity as Republicans did with birtherism. “Well, he says he’s a Christian, so I accept that, but…”
Graham also refused to say “categorically” that Obama wasn’t a Muslim, because, according to Graham, “Sharia Law” says Obama’s a Muslim and, also, the President’s “seems more concerned about” Muslims than Christians—somehow.
The panel, who let Graham spew way too much garbage over the course of the segment, finally let him have it at the end. The best moment is when Willie Geist asked Graham if he thought Rick Santorum is a Christian. No surprises: Graham didn’t equivocate at all — and exposed himself as the pathetic partisan hack he is.
Another bonus at the end: Graham wouldn’t say that Mitt Romney’s is Christian because, Graham said, he’s a Mormon and “most Christians don’t consider Mormons Christians.”
- The Immoral Minority: Franklin Graham arrogantly implies that Obama is not a true Christian while embarrassing himself and his faith on Morning Joe.
- The Last Word – Graham casts doubt on Pres. Obama’s faith
- Hardball Blog – Matthews: The GOP is becoming a ‘brownfield’
Do you know what a “brownfield” is? It’s what’s left when an old factory is torn down, where the land has been torn up, beaten up, burned into the soil from a long period of having giant furnaces and factories spewing soot and heating up the ground. It’s where hazardous wastes and pollution has beaten up the land. [Read the complete article…]
- Religion And Politics Don’t Mix, Major Religious Groups Tell Presidential Candidates
- Patrick Anderson: Presidential Politics in the New South