- How Michele Bachmann finally jumped the shark – The Washington Post
- The Politics of “The Dark Knight Rises” – NYTimes.com
- Peter Dreier: Saul Alinsky Elementary School? How We Honor America’s Radicals and Reformers
- Doubts over Mitt Romney repeal of Dodd-Frank – Patrick Reis and MJ Lee – POLITICO.com
The problem: Republicans in Congress say that’s impossible.
The Dodd-Frank law celebrated its second anniversary this month, and its critics concede it’s just too far along to fully repeal it.
That leaves Romney’s campaign rhetoric as just that – words that sound good on the stump, but don’t offer Republicans in Congress much guidance on what their Wall Street agenda should look like, even if they had a fellow GOPer in the White House.
- Daily Kos: Michele Bachmann accuses self of supporting Muslim extremists
- Balloon Juice » Blog Archive » Mitt Romney Circulates “You Suck, Obama!” Petition in Iowa
Almost every statement of “fact” in the following petition—which the Romney campaign is circulating in Iowa, and which accuses the president of misleading Iowans—is a bald-faced lie: (read the original article…)
- Balloon Juice » Blog Archive » Asshole of the Century—
Climate & Climate Politics
- The Great Dust Bowl of 2012
- Just this morning I bought the kindle edition of The Inquisition of Climate Science by James Lawrence Powell
- A review of the afore mentioned book by ThinkProgress: The Inquisition of Climate Science: A Scientist Exposes the Business of Denial | ThinkProgress
- Environmentalists target 5 Republicans who question humans’ impact on climate – The Washington Post
- What we know about climate change and drought
- Anthony Watts cherry picks quote about record Greenland melt: surprised? Hardly « Watching the Deniers